Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New spellcards?

Ok, I'm stumped. For new creatures, I can create a new character, make it an npc and then put in all the stats. From then on, I can just drop that new creature onto a map any time I want it. What about new spells? I can add a new spell to a character's sheet adding in all the stats for it, but I can see no way to move it, or easily copy it to another character sheet. Is there a way to do this? I have a new spell that I want to copy to about 20 or so new creature's sheets... adding it manually to each one is a pain. Is there a simpler way to do this? Thanks.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Saul! Not really. :( You can write a ChatSetAttr macro that could do this, but there's no way to do this within the bounds of regular Roll20. The architecture of character sheets is not that modular, and custom Compendium items are not available. Alternatively, you could write the spell as an Action (character sheet macro) instead of a spell on a  Macro Character Sheet  and just give each character who needs it a reference to it.
Darn. I was afraid someone would say that. This is what I get for running a module that has new spells in it, that isn't being sold on Roll20. :-) Thanks anyway...