Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Kingmaker is now available on the Roll20 Marketplace!

Roll20 is excited to announce that Kingmaker is now available on the Roll20 Marketplace. Fans of Pathfinder and Pathfinder Second Edition as well as D&D 5e will all find something for their next session in the packages below! Expand Your World The  Kingmaker Adventure Path  has several additional products which are intended to pair with this campaign. If you'd like to expand your game, check these out! The  Kingmaker Companion Guide , a book of rules and adventures for the 13 companions from the Owlcat CRPG, as well as rules for camping and weather! The  Kingmaker 5e Bestiary , a book which lets you convert all creatures, traps, and NPCs into the 5e ruleset, for your Kingmaker game or your homebrew game! The  Kingmaker First Edition Bestiary , a a book which lets you convert all creatures, traps, and NPCs into the Pathfinder First Edition ruleset, for your Kingmaker game or your homebrew game! WHO RULES THE STOLEN LANDS? The Stolen Lands have long been the domain of bandits and monsters, but no longer! Your party has been granted a charter to explore these wilds, defeat its dangers, and build a brand new nation. Yet not everyone will welcome you as new neighbors, and powerful supernatural forces have their own plans for the region. Can you defeat your kingdom’s enemies and become one of the greatest new nations in the world? In 2010, Pathfinder’s Kingmaker Adventure Path raised the bar on what a tabletop fantasy RPG campaign could be. With open-ended sandbox-style adventures, Kingmaker beckoned players to claim their throne and carve a new nation out of the treacherous River Kingdoms, map hex by map hex. Tens of thousands of gamers answered the call, ranking Kingmaker among the best-known and best-loved tabletop campaigns in history.  A stunning 640-page hardcover, the Kingmaker Adventure Path provides GMs everything they need to run this epic campaign. All six chapters published in 2010 will be updated to Pathfinder Second Edition rules—including a new prologue making its tabletop debut in this release! The Kingmaker Adventure Path also features complete rules for hex-map exploration, kingdom building, and management to bring the campaign’s most innovative elements to life at your table. Lastly, a bestiary of new and updated monsters that feature prominently in the Adventure Path give GMs of any campaign new tools to torment their player characters with! CONTENT WARNING The Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path, Pathfinder Kingmaker Bestiary (5E), Pathfinder Kingmaker Bestiary (First Edition), and Pathfinder Kingmaker Companion Guide contain typical Pathfinder action and adventure, player options, creatures, and more. They also include content related to child abuse and neglect, graphic depictions of torture and violence, substance abuse, and other themes that are appropriate for more mature audiences. Before you run this adventure or use any of the supplementary sourcebooks, understand that consent from everyone at the table—including the players and the Game Master—is vital to a safe and fun play experience. You should talk with your players before beginning the adventure and modify descriptions or events as appropriate. This product contains: All six chapters of the original Kingmaker Adventure Path, expanded and updated for use with Pathfinder Second Edition! Hundreds of pages of new content that expands the campaign to cover the full range of levels from 1 to 20! Extensive rules for building and running kingdoms, settlements, and armies, along with narrative-based rules for quickly resolving mass combat! Kingmaker on Roll20 will contain everything you need to play, right on the VTT! The full adventure module laid out in a Roll20 module! All adventure maps with pre-placed tokens, GM layer information, and Dynamic Lighting support (requires plus / pro subscription))! All rules for subsystems like building and running kingdoms, settlements, and mass combat, available inside the module, or in the Roll20 Web Compendium and in-app Compendium An MASSIVE Art Pack full of tokens and handouts featuring the beautiful art of Pathfinder, found in your art library! A custom Settlement Grid page to bring settlement building to your players, as part of the adventure module! Did you notice? New on Roll20, the Pathfinder Second Edition character sheet by Roll20, as well as the First Edition and D&D 5e sheets by Roll20, now have a new sheet type in their options! You can set each of these sheets to Kingdom mode, similar to the toggle between PC and NPC sheets, which allows you to keep track of your kingdoms, settlements, and armies!   Bug Reports If you are experiencing any other issues, please let us know on the Help Center .
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is a HUGE product!

Edited 1666838434
Tom
Pro
Nice product  but there are some issues, some Roll20 and some with what they were sent to work with. Whats up with the locked maps so one can't resize them??  That is not listed anywhere on what Roll20 did for this AP!!??  And if thats the future then that is a HUGE issue you stealthed into this product with not a word.... The hex map, even hi res just does'nt look good.  Thats on Paizo as they did not revamp the maps and are still using old maps from the PF I AP, but ya want might to give them some feedback that  it is VERY noticable and they can do a LOT better. Same goes for a lot of the other maps, all from PF I days......  Compare those to the Companion maps (all fresh and new) and it is quite shocking how bad some of them look. Still going through all the stuff but thats just from the top of my head at the moment. Is it worth the 100 bucks?  Yes for the content but not for a lot of the maps.  Companion guide is spot on and what the main AP should have looked like in regards to the maps. And we all know that good looking maps are HUGE for VTT's, right? And again let us resize the maps please for gods sake!! :) Tom
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
HI Tom! Maps have been locked on official modules for some time now, almost since locking was introduced. It's intended as a courtesy, since some maps can be easily displaced and difficult to reposition, or contain overlays that hide traps or changeable areas that likewise can be easily displaced. You unlock it like you would unlock any token: right click and choose unlock from the contextual menu.
I'm confused by what do you mean hex map not looking good btw? It looks nice to me. Though module is so huge it takes while for maps to load to full res :'D
Thanks Kieth, I forgot about that locking thing til you posted about it.  And this is the first Roll20 AP I have bought that had it and I'm pretty current on all the Paizo stuff on Roll20.  So thats solved at least. JJL You tell me what looks better here bud A Paizo Starfinder Hex map done last year by them for Horizons of the Vast AP or this from King Tom

Edited 1666905239
Gauss
Forum Champion
While I don't have the updated version this may be an issue with Paizo's material rather than the Roll20 implementation.  So, my suggestion would be to check Paizo's physical copy of Kingmaker. What you linked looks a lot like my PF1 version of Kingmaker from years back.
So if we purchase the Kingmaker bundle on here do we get the Kingmaker PDFs on Paizo.com? How does that work? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Rage said: So if we purchase the Kingmaker bundle on here do we get the Kingmaker PDFs on Paizo.com? How does that work?  Per Drespar on another thread : Drespar  said: ... If you purchase on Paizo first you will only have access to the PDF versions of the product. In order to access the Roll20 module and other goodies would require a purchase on Roll20 as well. However, if you have your Paizo account connected you will receive a discount on the Roll20 side purchase. However, if you purchase on Roll20 first and you have your Paizo account connected you will receive both the Roll20 side content as well as the PDFs unlocked on your Paizo account. For more information on how connecting with Paizo works you can check out our help center article here:  Roll20 Account Sync with Paizo

Edited 1667005740
Tom
Pro
Gauss said: While I don't have the updated version this may be an issue with Paizo's material rather than the Roll20 implementation.  So, my suggestion would be to check Paizo's physical copy of Kingmaker. What you linked looks a lot like my PF1 version of Kingmaker from years back. Read my first post bud, I am well aware that this is a Paizo thing, a deliberate choice they made, not Roll20's and its quite glaring and as Roll20 gives Paizo feedback this should be one of them. If you updating older Adventure Paths then you need to also do it with the maps as well!!! :) Tom
I have yet to see any real reviews for this. I want to get it but I wish I had more insight. Reading all it brings is half the battle. I want to run it in 1E for my players. The main buying point is having all the maps done and the fact I can replace the 2e tokens by dragging the 1E tokens for creatures.. that is what I understand you can do. I guess getting the pdfs from paizo too works.
Basically it brings a lot from the Kingmaker PC video game as well as updating it all to PF II edition.  NOTE there is a PF I monster book for this on sale on Roll20. If you need more specifics then feel free to Pm me. Tom
Can anyone help with this question. I want to play this AP in 5e using the 5e bestiary that comes with its own pack. How do I do this and still use the official module? Or is that not an option. I already have the PDF version, so I don’t want to buy the official module if it won’t work in 5e and I have to create everything by hand anyway. Thank you!
Maybe try this, no clue if its any good but ya never know <a href="https://www.enworld.org/resources/kingmaker-5e-conversion-notes.1602/history" rel="nofollow">https://www.enworld.org/resources/kingmaker-5e-conversion-notes.1602/history</a> Tom
As I understand it, the process would likely be; create new campaign, change character sheets to 5E, pull the 5E Compendium Bestiary options as appropriate. it would be phenomenal if when starting the campaign, if you have both products, to simply create it as 5E and have that information be the default, but I don’t know if that’s possible&nbsp;
I don't think the second map looks that bad, though the roll20's "white movable overlay on each hex which's color you can change" makes it look busy
Is there a particular reason why the monsters in the Kingmaker 5e bestiary can't be filtered in the compendium by their source? If I filter under Monsters for Fey, I get the Agai. But there's no Source filter for Kingmaker. Has it just not been added yet?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, I don't see a filter for that source, and the link for the source in the header of a KMB5e monster is broken. If you put this into your chat: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Kingmaker%20Bestiary#h-Kingmaker%20Bestiary" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Kingmaker%20Bestiary#h-Kingmaker%20Bestiary</a> It will give you a clickable link to open the Bestiary Index page in-game as a compendium page. But there should be a filter.

Edited 1667921127
Bianca
Roll20 Team
Robert and all, we put together a blog post to answer your question --&nbsp; How to Play Kingmaker in Pathfinder 1e or D&amp;D 5e . Hope it's helpful! The filter is now available, too.
Very nice and handy Roll20!! Good job on this Tom
I have a quick query, sorry if it's already been answered. Let's say I wanted to use the Kingmaker system in a homebrew game in 5e. What books / content would I need to have to be able to understand the Kingdom Sheet stuff? Thanks.
Bianca said: Robert and all, we put together a blog post to answer your question --&nbsp; How to Play Kingmaker in Pathfinder 1e or D&amp;D 5e . Hope it's helpful! The filter is now available, too. This should help Tom
Just had our first session last nite (me as a player for once, and a hand picked GM and 5 other players) good times, but it was in PF II Tom
How does the Kingdom Tracker sheet work in this product? Does it do the math for you, like a character sheet, or is it simply a handout of some kind that you manually fill in all the numbers?
Borius said: How does the Kingdom Tracker sheet work in this product? Does it do the math for you, like a character sheet, or is it simply a handout of some kind that you manually fill in all the numbers? Haven't played around yet, but you can make the 5E sheet into a Kingdom Sheet in the settings of each sheet.
Now that this has been out for awhile.. Anyone can comment about the Kingdom building sheets and rules to be used for 1E?&nbsp;