Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

No one answers on Bug reports

GiGGles
Plus
Translator
So lets try here................... I keep having this problem can anyone tell me why. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Shane! Do you mean you have not gotten a response from a  Help Center Request ? How long ago did you file it? What actions are you doing when this error occurs? Does it happen when you load your game? Switch a page? Move a token? Run a script? What have you tried to avoid the error? Have you tried a private browsing page? turning off extensions? testing on another browser? Does it only happen in one game? Can you give reproduction steps that will cause the error to pop up? There's a lot of people on the forum willing to help, but the error message alone doesn't help much. And I've never seen that format. Maybe it's new? Usually I get the "Oh Snap" message when the whole VTT goes down.
Do you have WEBGL enabled in your Browser? If not, try to enable it. There were similar posts in the past with this exact solution to it (official answer by Roll20 Team)... Shane N said: So lets try here................... I keep having this problem can anyone tell me why. 
GiGGles
Plus
Translator
keithcurtis said: Hi Shane! Do you mean you have not gotten a response from a  Help Center Request ? How long ago did you file it? What actions are you doing when this error occurs? Does it happen when you load your game? Switch a page? Move a token? Run a script? What have you tried to avoid the error? Have you tried a private browsing page? turning off extensions? testing on another browser? Does it only happen in one game? Can you give reproduction steps that will cause the error to pop up? There's a lot of people on the forum willing to help, but the error message alone doesn't help much. And I've never seen that format. Maybe it's new? Usually I get the "Oh Snap" message when the whole VTT goes down. 1. Months ago, yes.. 2. Launching the game S..3. different browsers and refreshing. 4. All games when I launch them. ( And then it clears up so it seems random,?..
GiGGles
Plus
Translator
TheMarkus1204 said: Do you have WEBGL enabled in your Browser? If not, try to enable it. There were similar posts in the past with this exact solution to it (official answer by Roll20 Team)... Shane N said: So lets try here................... I keep having this problem can anyone tell me why.  What is webgl and where might I find it ,?
You can check here:&nbsp; <a href="https://get.webgl.org/" rel="nofollow">https://get.webgl.org/</a> &nbsp;if WebGL is enabled. It it is not enabled check your Browser Settings. Oh, and don't forget to enable "Hardware Acceleration"...
Gauss
Forum Champion
Also, make sure you are using the latest version of your browser, there was a problem with Chrome that may have been resolved with recent updates.&nbsp;
GiGGles
Plus
Translator
Got this from my son in-law.....&nbsp;Yeah that is an error in their code that is rendering the site. It looks like they're calling a function that doesn't exist. Probably caused by a revision change within their code. They're going to have to fix.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There is information on what it is and how to enable it here in the Help Center. The relevant bits on activation are: Turning Hardware Acceleration on in Chrome First, access your settings in Chrome, either by typing chrome://settings in the web address field, or selecting the three dots on the upper right of your browser and selecting Settings. From there, you can access the Hardware Acceleration toggle under the System category.&nbsp; Turning Hardware Acceleration on in Firefox First, access your settings in Firefox, either by typing about:preferences in the web address field, or selecting the three bars on the upper right of your browser and selecting Settings. From there, ensure the Use Recommended Performance Settings checkbox is unchecked in the Performance category, and the Use Hardware Acceleration When Available button is checked. It is a concern that you never got any response at all from the Help Center. Did you not even get the automated "we received your report" email?
GiGGles
Plus
Translator
The hardware accelerator is on and I use chrome. keithcurtis said: There is information on what it is and how to enable it here in the Help Center. The relevant bits on activation are: Turning Hardware Acceleration on in Chrome First, access your settings in Chrome, either by typing chrome://settings in the web address field, or selecting the three dots on the upper right of your browser and selecting Settings. From there, you can access the Hardware Acceleration toggle under the System category.&nbsp; Turning Hardware Acceleration on in Firefox First, access your settings in Firefox, either by typing about:preferences in the web address field, or selecting the three bars on the upper right of your browser and selecting Settings. From there, ensure the Use Recommended Performance Settings checkbox is unchecked in the Performance category, and the Use Hardware Acceleration When Available button is checked. It is a concern that you never got any response at all from the Help Center. Did you not even get the automated "we received your report" email?
GiGGles
Plus
Translator
TheMarkus1204 said: You can check here:&nbsp; <a href="https://get.webgl.org/" rel="nofollow">https://get.webgl.org/</a> &nbsp;if WebGL is enabled. It it is not enabled check your Browser Settings. Oh, and don't forget to enable "Hardware Acceleration"... I seen the spinning cube..&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Shane N said: Got this from my son in-law.....&nbsp;Yeah that is an error in their code that is rendering the site. It looks like they're calling a function that doesn't exist. Probably caused by a revision change within their code. They're going to have to fix. You still might need to provide more info, since this does not seem to be a universal problem. I'll see if I can direct any attention this way. Hopefully a dev can respond or contact you directly.
GiGGles
Plus
Translator
Cool