Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][D&D5e][PAID][£15/WEEKLY][WEEKDAY EVENING EST] The Restoration of Great Valoria - Epic Swords & Sorcery Sandbox Campaign

Edited 1671036726
"THE RESTORATION OF VALORIA" Swords &amp; Sorcery Sandbox Campaign Roll20 Disclaimer:&nbsp; This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of 15£ per session through Paypal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Roll20 Listing: &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/352026/the-restoration-of-valoria-heimland-sands-campaign-2" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/352026/the-restoration-of-valoria-heimland-sands-campaign-2</a> WHEN DOES THIS GAME RUN: This campaign now runs every Thursday at 6PM EST. Sometimes we start a little late (6:30PM) if people are running late. We play for around 4 hours or so, depending on everyone's flexibility. CAMPAIGN PREMISE: "It has been two hundred years since the Great War where thousands of Valorian Legionaries marched East, conquering the vast grasslands of Gothia. Times have changed and dissent, turmoil and treachery have seeped into this land. Now, many new Kingdoms &amp; Factions have formed from the ashes of Great Valoria, whilst Valoria begins to devour itself in civil war. Whilst the worship of Benedaerus, the great Platinum Dragon has spread far and wide, the dissolution of the Monarchy and the collapse of institutions has allowed heresy and paganism to thrive once again, even in the Heartlands. The adventurers have travelled to the Western Edges of civilization to discover a land that is cursed with a deep rooted darkness that allows evil and undeath to thrive, and whilst many great warriors have attempted to seek out the heart of this darkness, none so far have succeeded. Perhaps you will be the champion of light, to lead the people of Lormont from the Darkness. The Revival of Valoria is a low-fantasy campaign with grim-dark elements. I believe verisimilitude (the appearance of looking true or real) is incredibly important, and I value myself on running a game where player's immersion will be rarely brought into question.&nbsp; I've been running low-fantasy campaigns for years now and I think I've figured out the mould to doing it right. I want to offer players the opportunity to experience a game that they can truly get lost in, where they can carve out a name and legacy that not only they, but many other players may be able to interact with in the future. My stories are carefully crafted around my players and the things they care about. This campaign is a highly valued experience for players who love the "Light vs Dark" tension, with Clerics &amp; Paladins being great class choices as undead are a common enemy. This is a fully sandbox experience, meaning you and your allies may interact with the world in a way you deem fit. Sure there will be overarching plots and bigger stories happening, but its up to you and your allies to decide whether you'd want to get involved or not. There are lots of DMs on this Forum who are offering modules such as Phandelver, what I'm offering is something fresh and unique, that you've never played before nor again. WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN THIS GAME: TAILORED CONTENT: &nbsp;I tailor make content for my players that is both modularized but with Sandbox potential. CONSISTENT PLAY: &nbsp;I've been running games for my players for upwards of two years, and whilst some players do come and go as is normal, we always continue towards our end goal. MULTI-PARTY CONTENT: &nbsp;My campaign setting has seen dozens of adventuring parties and many adventures. Currently I have two paid groups who are adventuring in the same time period, at the same time. This means players may know about each other, meet one another, roleplay, fight monsters together, etc. GOOD VIBES: &nbsp;My players are all adults and know how to have a good time. They understand each other to a degree as well as myself, meaning we don't argue or fight at the table. DETAILED NPCS:&nbsp; My campaign has a variety of NPCs &amp; Monsters, all with distinct voices, behaviours, desires and needs. MUSIC &amp; AMBIENCE:&nbsp; I have a vast library of music available to use at any given time to reflect the mood of the session. CUSTOM MAPS: &nbsp;I create my own maps, both regional &amp; for combat encounters, to offer an unique experience for players. IMPROVED GAME QUALITY:&nbsp; We use a number of homebrew rules that improve game quality, allowing for creativity, and a more structured play session. COMMUNITY EVENTS:&nbsp; Both of my groups are in the same Discord, along with other players who I'm friends with or have played with me in the past. Sometimes we have F2P one-shots, adventures, battle-royals, and other content for people to enjoy. By joining this game, you would gain access to that. OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION: I run the sessions for 3-5 hours each week, starting at either 5 or 6PM EST, depending on the schedules of players. The party are level 2, playing the following classes: Barbarian, Ranger, and Warlock. I have three players (2M 1F) currently which means I'm looking for up to three new players to join us. My players are excited to see some new people join, especially now we've got started with this campaign. We are aged between 20 to 32, with I, the Dungeon Master being 27. I and one player are from the UK, whereas the rest of the players are from the USA. It goes without saying that my games are LGBT friendly, and you can expect to be treated well by others at the table. My campaigns typically consist of homebrew content as well as pre-written content that I've adjusted, tweaked, and changed to fit my narrative and story. The main module I will be using for this campaign is called "The Barrowmaze", an old-school Grimdark Module about Necromancy, Cultists &amp; Evil Gods. It has a Mega-Dungeon with dozens of unique magic items, custom spells, notable puzzles, and distinctive encounters which my players are super excited about. I run a small YouTube channel which offers you the opportunity to hear my voice, catch my vibe, and see what my games are like. I also make other content on there, talking about how to run good games, etc. If you like me or my channel, feel free to subscribe as it's really tough to gain traction on there.&nbsp; My YouTube REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN: It's important that we find the right people to join this group. My players invest their time and effort to have an enjoyable experience at my table. I've seen paid games that will just accept anyone, but this can cause conflict if the players are not suitable nor appropriate for the game. Because of these requirements, our game has been able to last a long time and my players have not had to worry about any issues or problems. These requirements are simple, but I think we've all played in a game or two where somebody has an awful microphone and seems oddly unwilling to fix it. Aged 18 or older. Have a Microphone with no background noise or static. Have Discord. Have Roll20. Be willing to play 3-5 hours each week on a weekday evening. Comfortable paying 15£ a week for the game sessions. If you have any inquiries, or if you'd love to join our game and meet our requirements, feel free to add me on Discord: LaterLoki#3522
PLAYER TESTIMONIALS Abdi - &nbsp;"Sol is an awesome DM, and a good friend. he spends a lot of time and effort behind his games. He's legit the best DM i've ever had. :)" Andrew -&nbsp; "Playing in Sol's game is without a doubt the highlight of my week, He sets the mood with great music and has on multiple occasions given me an adrenaline rush from the excitement of what is happening, his world feels alive and his NPCs are top notch, I will be sticking with Sol as my DM for the foreseeable future and I am already excited about the next campaign and this one isn't even over yet. Do yourself a favour and give him a shout, I promise you won't regret it." Brodie - &nbsp;"Sol's campaigns are so&nbsp;powerfully immersive &nbsp; that the line between my real life in Heimland and this 'earth' is getting really blurry. I keep catching myself daydreaming EVERY DAY about our high-magic setting of 'London', where literally everyone can use 'lightning' power to solve pretty much any problem. Imagine that, Electric wagons, electric cleaning brooms, electric messenger birds, proper crazy stuff. It's becoming a real problem, I keep imagining how to engage with the earth economy at any hour of the day and my in-world wife feels so real at times, I honestly think I hear her telling me she's sick of&nbsp; 'DnD' ,&nbsp; whatever that is..." Daniel - &nbsp;"Sol is easily the best DM I've had, to date. In addition to what others have written I will say he's great at handling issues, does it with discretion, and keeps it in mind while moving forward. For me, that's a sign of a really cool dude with his head on straight. His application of music is tasteful, and nails the mood perfectly for whatever setting you're in. And besides great, dramatic scenes, he is also able to keep things light and fun as appropriate. The balance is very good, so if the time fits, why not have a sit, and join up?" Abi -&nbsp; "Sols games have been the highlight of my week for just over 3 years now. Every week i find myself wondering what crazy adventure we will be sent on. Besides the fun adventures and the great group of people you get to play with every week, Sol has a way of creating immersive storylines and realistic NPCs (With unique voices for each of them). He has a knack for building up a whirlwind of emotions, but in the best possible way. Whilst being intense and emotional, Sols games always have a light and quite frankly, hilarious side. There's not a session that goes by without encountering an NPC that really tickles your funny bone. Oh, and dont let the ruleset scare you, i once too was weary, but they work incredibly well, making the game that bit better! With immersive music, maps, engaging storylines and lovable characters i can assure you this game is a must! Join the fun! :P"
I'm preparing everything for tomorrow's session. I'm free to chat with players on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday next week about the campaign. Lots of crazy stuff happening right now, it's a good time to join!
Session was great, nobody died. The party narrowly escaped a huge ooze that had killed one of their companions in a previous session. The party are now back at town, safe and sound.&nbsp;
It's Sunday and we've had a great week of gaming. The party are close to arriving at a tower controlled by an order of knights, hoping to gain their aid in their current adventures. Perhaps a new player could join as one of the Knights, who knows?
I'm available over the next few days to chat with anyone who is interested in joining this campaign. I've received a few friend requests already but nothing is set in stone, feel free to reach out if you like the vibe of the game!
I've got a couple of people to chat with soon about the game, not sure if it's confirmed yet as we need to chat about their schedule, etc. If anyone is interested in joining this game this week or next, hit me up ASAP so we can start getting you ready for the game.
We're doing the session tomorrow this week, but we've got one new guy signed up and ready to make his character for next week. If anyone wants to join him, hmu.
I'm getting ready for tonight's session. Whilst it may be too late to join this week, you can always get yourself setup for our following week's session. Just add me on Discord and we can jump into things.
We've got a new player joining! A fighter too no less. Still looking for 1 or 2 new players to join the party, many class options open.
Been busy helping people with their character sheets for this week, but I'm free now to chat with anyone interested in joining. LMK!
UPDATE: We have one new player who has been with us now for two weeks, we still have a few slots open for anyone interested in joining the game!
We had such a great session yesterday fighting off a group of brigands who were trying to steal the party's loot. Still looking for a player or two!
It's a new week and I'm now getting things setup for this week's session. Right now is a great time to join so if you're liking the campaign idea, feel free to reach out.
officially started the prep for this week's session, the party are in the City of Riom, the greatest city in the West. I'm excited to see what adventure hook they take this week, and where that leads. It's not too late to join, just reach out and enquire via discord.
We've got 5 players in the group now, meaning the group is almost full. We only have one slot available for one lucky person to snatch up.