Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LF GM for Shadowrun Game. GMT Any day

Hello All, I'm on a bit of a one man mission to get a Shadowrun group together. I've never actually played before but I've read untold books and made plenty of characters. So essentially I need to find a GM willing to share their time with me and a bunch of other random people so we can roll dice and have fun. I'm not particularly fussed about the edition although I would prefer 4/5th. Times and dates I'm pretty flexible, I was hoping for week day evening slot or Sat afternoon but these aren't set in stone. So are you a lonely Shadowrun GM? Do you feel the urge to backstab, induce paranoia and fool players? itchy, flakey scap....wait, er, do you like rolling virtual dice? Then please leave a message below or hit me up with a pm and together we will make an awesome game. -insert Shadowrun slang here-
Well, chummer, I /might/ be able to fill the gap, but when I can will no doubt be a while away. I had an idea for a campaign where you play a group of security agents for a megacorp and it goes from there. However, it has been a very long while since I have played Shadowrun, let alone run it. I'll keep you posted, but I have a strong feeling that you'll likely find a group all your own by that point. Depending on the day and time, I may even play along side you.
Hey Neil, I have also been looking for a GMT friendly game, however i only have 5th ed so hopefully we can find something together
Joshua, even if I do have a group put together by then keep me in mind. Your game sounds awesome, I'm pretty keen to get as many games under my belt as possible. Angelous, I have only read 3rd and 4th ed books but I'm sure I can swat up on 5th pretty easily if that is needed.
Hi, Neil! I'm a fellow GMT player, and would like to join your quest for truth, justice and the Renraku way. I highly recommend not abandoning the 4th edition - 5th edition is absolutely terrible.
Hey Longes, Cool well it seems like getting players isn't a problem I think it's getting a GM, so the quest (job!?) goes on! I have read some pretty harsh reviews of 5th edition which makes me feel like I should stick with 4th.
Hi there, another fellow GMT( though it's actually GMT+2 ;) ) player here and if there is still place I'd be happy to join if you can get a weekday evening game going :)
Captain CookieCrumb, If I find a gm I'll be sure to let people know times and days etc, etc. So far no dice (pun intended).
Hmmm it seems this post hasn't sent the shockwaves through the online Shadowrun community as expected. What kind of bribes can I offer to rope a gm in? Virtual cookies? Or does anyone else know an alternative to getting gm attention? Should I just set up a looking for group? Any advice appreciated!
Hey Neil B. and the others. Check out my Blood and Ferrocrete campaign. We currently have 3 players but since we are all in different time zones and I drive a truck we get together when we can which means I'll post when I have time available and whoevers on gets the run. We use Google Plus Hangouts with the roll20 app.. We are currently using 3rd edition rules and doing a throwback campaign set in September of 2054 because the group wants a chance to play through the old modules before we move on to 4th/5th edition. I'm GMT-6 myself. I have played and ran Shadowrun since it came out in 89. If you want, I can send you our house rules and campaign document. Message me on here for contact details if you need help making characters for 3rd ed. In game, the group just got back from hiding out in Chicago for six months to avoid the Russian mob. IF you want to check out the details, <a href="https://blood-and-ferrocrete-a-shadowrun-3rd-edition-game.obsidianportal.com/" rel="nofollow">https://blood-and-ferrocrete-a-shadowrun-3rd-edition-game.obsidianportal.com/</a>. Everyone is welcome and I look forward to meeting y'all. Have a good rest of your day
Bumping my post.