Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] GroupCheck - Party skill check/save

Hi! I've just realized why one of my macros have been broken for a while, and was hoping someone could point to a solution. As you can see below, the macro handles a skill check for my party, but because it's using token ids, it only works until a new token is generated on a page, at which point the token id changes and the macro no longer works. I've tried using @{character name|token_id} and the character id as a replacement for the token id, but neither works. I didn't expect them to, as GroupCheck specifically wants to use the token id in the --id command. Does anyone know of a way to make this work so I can use this macro without having the tokens selected? Macro in question: !group-check {{ --?{Skill|Acrobatics|Animal Handling|Arcana|Athletics|Deception|History|Insight|Intimidation|Investigation|Medicine|Nature|Perception|Performance|Persuasion|Religion|Sleight of Hand|Stealth|Survival} --ids -Mw-28cIKLIcOgEKhd6H,-NGsiLXB_-Ic-S_KIYIc,-NGsiM7wW8anRXk8X-6Y --ro ?{Roll Type|Normal,roll1|Advantage,adv|Disadvantage,dis} --process --showaverage --?{Publish|Secret,whisper|Public,public} }} Thanks in advance, - Jakob B. From

Edited 1668481198
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
If I understand what you have going on, you periodically generate a new token on the page to represent characters (or maybe it's new tokens on a new page)... and you want those to be referenced dynamically, instead of the static list of 3 IDs you currently have. If that is accurate, you can use Fetch in combination with GroupCheck. Where you cannot get the token ID for Sir Buttricktrundle using the Roll20 formation of @{Sir Buttricktrundle|token_id}, you CAN get it using the Fetch construction of @(Sir Buttricktrundle|token_id) or @(Sir Buttricktrundle.token_id). So your macro, representing the entrepid party of Sir Buttricktrundle, Lady Buttricktrundle, and their trusty footman, Guy Slaptiwack, might look like: !group-check {{ --?{Skill|Acrobatics|Animal Handling|Arcana|Athletics|Deception|History|Insight|Intimidation|Investigation|Medicine|Nature|Perception|Performance|Persuasion|Religion|Sleight of Hand|Stealth|Survival} --ids @(Sir Buttricktrundle.token_id),@(Lady Buttricktrundle.token_id),@(Guy Slaptiwack.token_id) --ro ?{Roll Type|Normal,roll1|Advantage,adv|Disadvantage,dis} --process --showaverage --?{Publish|Secret,whisper|Public,public} }}

Edited 1668483919
That did the trick! Thank you so much! I love your example character names by the way. 10/10!