Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issue with Death Saves in macros / API / sheets?

I am not a 100% sure where I should be placing this as I'm not sure where the issue is coming from, just that its now an issue when it wasn't previously. I'm trying to understand the companion API for 5e OGL and the 5e OGL sheet itself. The companion API has the !longrest charname command but I've noticed it does not update death saves, will update hit points and spells. The 5e OGL has a long rest/short rest button but I am lacking and understanding if that's added in due to the companion API or if that's part of the sheet itself -- and if its part of the sheet itself how does one go about calling that button through a macro? The button actually works to update the death saves on a long rest, where the companion API call doesn't, and therein is my issue. I have a macro for a long rest for my players to use as they will, which has been helpful in automating a lot of things that have otherwise confused my players / doesn't get done unless I remind them.
Deathsaves only clear when you are stable or dead. Not during a rest. 
Kilter said: Deathsaves only clear when you are stable or dead. Not during a rest.  I see, then it is definitely a sheet issue as the sheet has been decidedly not doing that . Of course I had thought Death Saves were still set to being reset on Long Rests and not after stabilization. I had thought I read something to that effect over a year ago, but easily could be recalling something from 3.5e instead of 5e, or something that was homebrewed by someone I knew at some point. Either way I'm glad to know it is a sheet issue since the sheet has not been removing death saves when the player has stabilized...presuming that stabilization means gaining above 0hp? Given that I had a player the previous session go down with two death saves only to be raised back up with a Cure Wounds and the death saves still linger on the sheet.
To further clarify as I feel it needs to be said, the only time I have had the death saves clear on the 5e OGL sheet is when the Long Rest/Short Rest is enabled and when Long Rest is selected. Which if it should be clearing when a player goes above 0hp tells me that the sheet has a clear issue somewhere in its design.
You also have to make sure the api is installed and that feature is turned on.  otherwise the sheet is not automated unless you tie them to the longrest or short rest button.

Edited 1669262256
Kilter said: You also have to make sure the api is installed and that feature is turned on.  otherwise the sheet is not automated unless you tie them to the longrest or short rest button. Sorry for the long wait of a reply here Kilter but if you read my original post the API is installed and the feature turned on . It still does not clear death saves upon stabilization. Only when the long rest button is active and pressed on the sheet. Thank you for your help, though! That has clarified that it is an issue with the sheet and the Companion API script and not any fault of mine.