Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shortcutting Token Markers

So I've been using this platform for nearly a decade now and I've never been that good with macros and APIs and the likes. However I am getting pretty tired of having to manually apply buffs, debuffs, death markers, etc, to every single token affected in, say, an AoE. It's a tedious process that stalls everything for far too long.  What I really want is a way of just pressing a button and applying a certain token marker. Say, for example, if I select a token and press X, it puts that big red X over them to say they are dead. I feel like this should be super easy to do but I don't know my way around the system that well. I'm happy to bump my subscription up to Pro if it means getting quality of life stuff like this to work.  Anyone got any idea how to pull something like this off?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Angry_Rope! By upgrading to Pro, you have a number of options using scripts, notably Token-Mod, but nothing you can apply to a hotkey, without using a custom userscript and an extension like Greasemonkey. If you don't mind pressing chat buttons instead of hotkeys, then you could set up a macro to apply any token marker you like, either through a dropdown list, or a  Chat Menu . Here is a script I have been working on that automates a lot of this. There is also a script that will automatically apply the big red X to any NPC token that is at 0HP or below. I'd have to dig up the code for that one, because it's not one of mine, and is not in One-Click.

Edited 1669486420
keithcurtis said: Hi Angry_Rope! By upgrading to Pro, you have a number of options using scripts, notably Token-Mod, but nothing you can apply to a hotkey, without using a custom userscript and an extension like Greasemonkey. If you don't mind pressing chat buttons instead of hotkeys, then you could set up a macro to apply any token marker you like, either through a dropdown list, or a  Chat Menu . Here is a script I have been working on that automates a lot of this. There is also a script that will automatically apply the big red X to any NPC token that is at 0HP or below. I'd have to dig up the code for that one, because it's not one of mine, and is not in One-Click. Super cool! Thank you. I'll have a play around. Oh, would those chat menus work with, say, box selecting multiple tokens? Could I apply the effects to multiple tokens at a time using it?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If the chat menu is calling a TokenMod macro, then yes. TokenMod loops through all selected tokens. It's the first script anyone should install, IMHO. Absolute workhorse.