Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macros and Pro Account

If I am the DM of a game and have a Pro account can characters in my game run macros the require a pro account in my game or do they actually need a Pro account as well?

Edited 1669610673
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Macros are not locked to a subscription level.  Any macro is available to a game created by any account level. If you mean api mod/script commands, then the game creator (not someone promoted to gm) needs to have the pro subscription and install the applicable api mods/scripts.  Player subscription level doesn't matter, since the game creator account level is what determines which features are available.
If that is the case I am wondering why some features do no work in my macros. When I test them on the GM account they work but when I am logged in as a player account that is a free subscription in my Pro Gm Account game do work. For example:  From the Token Mod wiki here is the command for adding Status Markers to tokens players do not control ! token - mod - - set statusmarkers | blue | broken - shield But this macro will not put status markers on tokens: /em has blessed you… &{template:npcaction} {{name=Tagged: Blessed}} {{description=You bless up to three creatures of your choice within range. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw. At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st. }} !token-mod  --ids @{target|1|token_id} @{target|2|token_id} @{target|3|token_id} --set statusmarkers|angel-outift [Additional Creature(s)? ](!
#y-Tagged-Add-Bless) but when I run this from the GM account as the player it works fine. Any insight is appreciated.
Sorry Joel C. is my Gm account
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Just to be clear on terminology, any command that starts with ! is a mod/api command.  It is not a macro.  Macros make use of the dice roller, the built in math functions, attribute calls, etc.  The api mods/scripts are a different beast.  By default, players cannot use (most?) token-mod commands because they can't access the token id that most of the commands need.  If you look at the api mods page for your game (accessed from the drop down on the launch details page) and click on the tab for TokenMod, do you have the option enabled for players?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi johnh! This is covered in the documentation for Token-Mod: WARNING: Because of a Roll20 bug with @{target|} and the API, you must specify the tokens you want to change using --ids when using @{target|}. and --ids -- Each parameter is a Token ID, usually supplied with something like @{target|Target 1|token_id}. By default, only a GM can use this argument. You can enable players to use it as well with --config players-can-ids|on. So for players to be able to target tokens, you will first need to run (only once): !token-mod --config players-can-ids|on Your macro looks correct, but have you set the config to allow players to use ids?
Keithcurtis thank you I will do this because I obviously missed this in the documentation when I was readibg throigh this and I have not run that command. Thanks
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To be fair, there's a LOT of documentation.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yeah, sorry about that. =D. I should probably add a message to the GM when players supply a token id with Players Can IDs turned off.