Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales for D&D products (2022)?

Just curious about whether Roll20 will put any of these products on sale for Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2022? Fantasy Grounds has them on sale. D&D Beyond has them on sale. Roll20 apparently does not. Maybe its time to find a new VTT? Presumably, the Roll20 licensing agreement is similar to that used by FG and other resellers? Which makes it a choice by Roll20 to not put these products on sale. Roll20 does have a 40% off Marketplace sale on certain products at the moment, so they clearly don't mind sales, just not on D&D products. Just an observation ...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is nothing new. Roll20 will occasionally reduce prices permanently, but they rarely if ever have sales.
I understand the reasoning but when the competition makes products more cost effective while providing the same or similar functionality then customers will eventually go elsewhere. From the perspective of one customer, I bought a module on another platform today simply to try out other VTTs since source material was more cost effective there. In addition, the Marketplace clearly does have sales since there is a 40% off sale currently on - the issue is their business decision to not include D&D products in these once annual sales though it seems to work fine for their competition. C'est la vie :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, I understand. The current sale is unusual. Maybe it's a sign of changes to come, now that they have merged with One Bookshelf.

Edited 1670336190
Ok, thanks for the info. I will keep that thing in my mind. I need a cv help and that is why I am searching for it on google search and while searching for it online, I am glad I found your post where I found a lot of useful information.