Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

DM Art Library & Journal Organization

I have supported many creators by purchasing maps, tokens, and other items to enhance my game.  The problem I sometimes have is finding certain items due to the naming by the creator. Idea #1 It would be great to give the user the ability to create folders for marketplace items to organize their purchases, or to rename the folders. I have tried to use the folder creation in My Library, but I can't copy whole folders, only individual tokens which is a painstakingly slow process. Idea #2  Journal folders can't be sorted at all, and sub-folders in the journal can only be alphabetically sorted. It would be great to be able to custom sort these folders for better game organization. Thanks for listening! ~Max
Gold
Forum Champion
Hi Maxwell, Good point and suggestion about Art Library. In regards to Journals, you CAN sort and re-sort the order of Journal Folders. It's a tricky drag-and-drop with where you click and hold to DRAG (the + or - icon on the left of the foldername), and also tricky where you aim-and-release to DROP (you have to hit the right spot above/below another folder).
Whoa-ho!!! Awesome to know about the Journal sort. Thanks for the quick response!
I think this is one of the biggest areas for improvement, especially for GMs who are running games and buying content from the Marketplace. I think the more advanced way to get these same results would be to have better tools for tagging objects. Ideally, it would be amazing if you could track all the community tags for each item from the Marketplace and expose those tags to search so that everyone could benefit from the community adding appropriate tags to shared assets, like images, objects or even adventures, add-ons, etc.  Of course, it would help if library search and filter were a lot faster. Though that's a general need.
You can sort folders in the journal manually by drag'n drop. But if you have multiple folders that can be really annoying and time consuming... Other than that +1! Maxwell said: I have supported many creators by purchasing maps, tokens, and other items to enhance my game.  The problem I sometimes have is finding certain items due to the naming by the creator. Idea #1 It would be great to give the user the ability to create folders for marketplace items to organize their purchases, or to rename the folders. I have tried to use the folder creation in My Library, but I can't copy whole folders, only individual tokens which is a painstakingly slow process. Idea #2  Journal folders can't be sorted at all, and sub-folders in the journal can only be alphabetically sorted. It would be great to be able to custom sort these folders for better game organization. Thanks for listening! ~Max
Yep, I tried the journal drag n' drop and it worked fine once I knew to grab the + symbol. Thanks for the +1! TheMarkus1204 said: You can sort folders in the journal manually by drag'n drop. But if you have multiple folders that can be really annoying and time consuming... Other than that +1! Maxwell said: I have supported many creators by purchasing maps, tokens, and other items to enhance my game.  The problem I sometimes have is finding certain items due to the naming by the creator. Idea #1 It would be great to give the user the ability to create folders for marketplace items to organize their purchases, or to rename the folders. I have tried to use the folder creation in My Library, but I can't copy whole folders, only individual tokens which is a painstakingly slow process. Idea #2  Journal folders can't be sorted at all, and sub-folders in the journal can only be alphabetically sorted. It would be great to be able to custom sort these folders for better game organization. Thanks for listening! ~Max
Thanks John - I haven't used the tags much at all, but that's another good way to go about it! John P said: I think this is one of the biggest areas for improvement, especially for GMs who are running games and buying content from the Marketplace. I think the more advanced way to get these same results would be to have better tools for tagging objects. Ideally, it would be amazing if you could track all the community tags for each item from the Marketplace and expose those tags to search so that everyone could benefit from the community adding appropriate tags to shared assets, like images, objects or even adventures, add-ons, etc.  Of course, it would help if library search and filter were a lot faster. Though that's a general need.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .