Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Default Character Sheet?

Hello! I'm not sure if this question has been asked before, but here goes anyway: do I have an option somewhere to set the default character sheet template used by games I create? I ask because I noticed that only recently the change had been made to set your character sheet template to D&D 5th edition by default. As I rarely use 5e (and never while DMing), this as a default makes no sense for me.
Gauss
Forum Champion
My guess is the Devs decided that since most people on Roll20 are playing D&D 5e it would make sense to default it to that. The previous default setting was "None" but changing it will not take any more effort than when it was set to "None" so it wouldn't impact non-5e users.  In short, you can still change it to what you'd like, nothing has changed for you regarding how you set your character sheet.  And no, there is no way for us to set a default character sheet. 
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Gauss said: And no, there is no way for us to set a default character sheet.  Though that might make a great Suggestion, because I also never DM 5e AND most of the games I create and run do fall under the same ruleset.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is a good idea for a suggestion.
I mean, I'm aware that you can change it to what I'd like. But it feels awfully presumptive to set that as the default when the list of available templates and systems is literally longer than my arm. (don't laugh: I have short arms...) I think it makes more sense to give users the option to set their own default. To that end... anybody know where one actually goes to make a suggestion on this order? Gauss said: My guess is the Devs decided that since most people on Roll20 are playing D&D 5e it would make sense to default it to that. The previous default setting was "None" but changing it will not take any more effort than when it was set to "None" so it wouldn't impact non-5e users.  In short, you can still change it to what you'd like, nothing has changed for you regarding how you set your character sheet.  And no, there is no way for us to set a default character sheet. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Matt said: I mean, I'm aware that you can change it to what I'd like. But it feels awfully presumptive to set that as the default when the list of available templates and systems is literally longer than my arm. (don't laugh: I have short arms...) I think it makes more sense to give users the option to set their own default. To that end... anybody know where one actually goes to make a suggestion on this order? Suggestion Forum