Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking up Spells Causes Lag

Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I'm having substantial lag when I look up my spells in the compendium, even outside of a game at&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/</a> When it tries to load the list of spells, that tab in my browser crashes.&nbsp; This also happens in game when my players try to level up, halting their ability to continue. Anyone else having this issue? Is it known/being fixed?
I've had the same problem and from what i can tell its because the spell list is to large for Roll20 to handle. This happened to me after Purchasing the Deep Magic source book. The only fix that i can find is disabling this book if you have it, or whichever book you have thats overloading spells into the compendium.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Essen! Which browser are you using? Although it does take a whopping 21 seconds for the page to load, I don't time out, even on a mid-low end Chromebook. Do you have the same issue in a private browsing window?
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The issue resolved after a couple weeks. The issue wasn't a delay, Chrome would lock up and hang. The whole thing would Not Responding and I would have to force the process to close in Task Manager. I don't have the issue anymore, so I can't test it more fully. Though it would be nice to know what it was happening.
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Yiachi said: This happened to me after Purchasing the Deep Magic source book. I do own this book. I also will be getting Deep Magic 2, so hopefully it doesn't happen again :P