Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Ammo Tracking and substituting it with @{x}

So the 5e API Ammotracking uses fixed numbers and ?{x}? Does anyone know if i can use some form of [[@{x}]] instead?

Edited 1673887472
Gauss
Forum Champion
Could you elaborate what you would like it to do?  The 5e OGL Companion's ammo tracking can have more than just a fixed value in it. You can put a query in there, or an Attribute . 
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
An attribute with a numeric value will work, since those resolve before scripts. If you're asking if you can use a roll (for instance, to do a calculation), the quickest way to know is to try it. I'd be surprised if it doesn't do roll-value extraction, but if it doesn't you can add ZeroFrame to your game and extract any roll value just by adding .value to the end of the inline brackets: [[2d20kh1]].value
Gauss said: Could you elaborate what you would like it to do?  The 5e OGL Companion's ammo tracking can have more than just a fixed value in it. You can put a query in there, or an Attribute .  yeah i want to scale the cost of an ability based another resource. homebrewed, they have an ability which they can invoke holy abilities but the cost depends their corruption level. so i need it to be variable.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Camillo said: Gauss said: Could you elaborate what you would like it to do?  The 5e OGL Companion's ammo tracking can have more than just a fixed value in it. You can put a query in there, or an Attribute .  yeah i want to scale the cost of an ability based another resource. homebrewed, they have an ability which they can invoke holy abilities but the cost depends their corruption level. so i need it to be variable. Yup, just put the attribute in instead of a static number. 
Gauss said: Camillo said: Gauss said: Could you elaborate what you would like it to do?  The 5e OGL Companion's ammo tracking can have more than just a fixed value in it. You can put a query in there, or an Attribute .  yeah i want to scale the cost of an ability based another resource. homebrewed, they have an ability which they can invoke holy abilities but the cost depends their corruption level. so i need it to be variable. Yup, just put the attribute in instead of a static number.  ok it actually works now and i have no idea why it does. well thanks i probably wouldnt have tried that again and just given up