Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Summoning Market bought Tokens

Hi everyone, i recently bought some animations on the roll20 marketplace for animated spells, great purchase but i was wondering if there is a way to summon these as tokens.  Ive played around with a few summoning scripts but from what ive found they dont allow art from the market place even if i copy them over to my library.  If anyone can point me in  the right direction i would be very grateful. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Most folks who want to size them with scripts download images and re-upload them into their own libraries to make them suable. Those without script typically attach each one to a separate character sheet and give those sheets control by All Players, if desired. A character sheet you have not added data to typically has a very small footprint.
what about market bought images the error im getting is  Unable to find imgsrc for default token you must use an image file that has been uploaded to your roll 20 library. The images i bought that i wish to use dont seem to come with an option to download them and i have copied them over to my library but i still recieve the same error
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Can you link to the marketplace set in question.  Also, Mod Scripts don't have the capability to control animations, so even if you get them spawned automatically, you'd need to manually tell them to play. 
So i bought these&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/14125/spiritual-weapons" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/14125/spiritual-weapons</a> With the idea that i create a character for each so when a player clicks a macro button it will summon the token ratehr than me dragging and dropping them them .&nbsp;
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Not sure which summoning script you are using, but if it happens to be SpawnDefaultToken, then make sure you update the default token with your personal art library version of the art. If you copied into your art library but the default token still references the URL of the marketplace item, you'll still get the error. But +1 re: Aaron's comment on mods &amp; animations. They don't play together very nicely.
i see, thank you very much guys for explaining it. yes i was using the spawn default token script. shame it doesnt like market place items.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, unfortunately it's a limitation imposed by Roll20 within the mod script environment, presumably as some sort of anti-piracy control.&nbsp;