Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Changing colour?

Is there a way to change the text colour? On my screen it appears so close to the background colour that I cannot read anything anyone, including myself, writes which makes it impossible to use the chat feature. I was wondering if there was some way to alter the chat colour so I can actually use the features of the site in a game play. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Seliphra! Some questions: Are you using Dark Mode? If so, try toggling it off and on again and then refresh the game Which character sheet are you using? Some have not been updated to take advantage of dark mode, or react negatively with it. Depending on the sheet, you may need to abandon dark mode. Lastly, just to make sure we are seeing what you are seeing, screen shots of problem areas would be helpful, regardless of whether you are using Dark Mode or not.
I don't know if I am in dark mode or not, this is the default I have and my wife is using the same mode but doesn't have a font colour closely matching the background for some reason. 

Edited 1674616019
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That looks similar to dark mode but there are some differences (such as the color of the Exit Game button, which should be purple) buttons that make me suspect a browser feature or extension (such as Stylish) that is also applying a dark mode, which could be interfering. Some things to check: Verify that you are using a supported browser, (Chrome or Firefox). Try using a private/incognito window. This can usually identify most extension conflicts. Did you try any of the suggestions in my earlier post? To toggle Roll20's dark mode, find the switch on the left of the window, below the toolbar.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also, are you using a tablet? That might also have some display overrides.
Oh! I found the dark mode override! Happy days lol, I will use light mode for this. I am, for the record using chrome, and I'm on a computer rather than a tablet if that helps. I definitely prefer dark mode, but I guess it's off limits lol 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Seliphra said: Oh! I found the dark mode override! Happy days lol, I will use light mode for this. I am, for the record using chrome, and I'm on a computer rather than a tablet if that helps. I definitely prefer dark mode, but I guess it's off limits lol  I'm glad it worked! For the record I still think there was another factor affecting the type. But so long as it works, great!