Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP - D&D 3.5 - DM Extraordinaire - Home Brew [Paid] - Plane Walkers Guild - Sunday Morning 10 am until 2 pm MT (Canada) One Seat Open - 5th Level Gestalt Game

Edited 1674173584
Allow me to introduce myself… I’m John, DM extraordinaire (over 35,000 hours on R20). Feel free to check out my profile on here. Jump to the juice and just email me -&nbsp; <a href="mailto:taibhsear71@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">taibhsear71@gmail.com</a> Or Discord if you prefer taibhsear #7908 I’ll give you a quick summary. I’m 51 and from Canada (Toronto originally but don’t hold that against me). I’ve been DMing since October 1991. I run D&amp;D 3.5 exclusively. Seriously, you can’t even pay me to play 5e anymore. I’ve run dozens of campaigns and games over the years and still love it. The vast majority of my content is homebrew and unique to my game although I have borrowed from many sources over the years. The Plane Walkers Guild&nbsp; &nbsp;- This is a backup game we will play when our normal Sunday game has a conflict. I'm hoping it will become about once a month but it all depends on the players and their schedules from the other game. With both Sunday morning games on hold, this has become our primary game until further notice. After the missionaries (Jesse and Jagat) characters hear a huge explosion, they veer off their course to try and secure financial support from the new baron to a large crater. By the time they get there, the local kenku have arrived and also taken interest in the explosion. They find a nymph druid in the crater and rescue her from the kenku. She tells them she came through a collapsing planar portal. She was sure she was not alone. Something else was dragged through and is now loose in the forest. They team up to track down this fiend and destroy it. <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0uznv7kX-A&amp;list=PL_r6JrdKPLFVud3NqP283Q1XWgskdzGUe&amp;index=23" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0uznv7kX-A&amp;list=PL_r6JrdKPLFVud3NqP283Q1XWgskdzGUe&amp;index=23</a> The Setting Depending on which game you join you may be in any one of many areas of Thera (the world). Most of my games have taken place in Multras, the primary human continent. Multras is split into five portions (east, west, north, south, and central) each with its own trade language (eastern common, western common, northern common, southern common, and central common), kingdoms, and empires. Some of these kingdoms resemble medieval European countries like France and Germany, and some are completely unique, like the Banite Theocracy of Kallum but they all have their own language and culture. Vaynyke (Vain-ike) is a large island (referred to as the Great isle), nestled to the northwest of Multras. Vaynyke is dominated by a huge mountain range that separates the center (dwarven kingdoms) from the human coastal kingdoms. Vaynyke extends almost as far north as Northern Multras but is much more temperate due to its geological activity. The East Marches is a large archipelago to the east of Multras which is about 2400 miles across (it covers 40 degrees of latitude). It reaches from the tropics to the arctic circle, like Multras. Unlike Multras, this chain of interconnected islands is not dominated by humans. There are many areas ruled by them, but they are separated by vast stretches of wilderness filled with all manner of creatures both friendly and aggressive. Far to the west of Multras is the home of the elves. While the elves spread across Thera from its birth, the majority of them hail from Varanyr (Var-RAIN-nir). These are mostly sylvan elves who live off the land and seek to maintain their culture and traditions. They have a good relationship with the high elves of Varanyr, who they outnumber 100 to 1. To the south, across the maelstrom known as Umberlee’s Playground, is the dwarven homeland of Ardokhan (Ar-do-khan). The ocean around the equator is impassible by ships but it does not matter as Ardokhan has no ports, just sheer cliffs rising up from the ocean floor. There is but one mundane way to travel to and from Ardokhan and that is the great highway, a tunnel under the ocean that opens up in Southern Multras. The tunnel entrance has been held by the mountain dwarves for over five millennia. Flanking Ardokhan, are the goblin and orc savage lands of Krozago (Kro-ZAGO) and Bruhazavo (Bru-HA-zavo). Krozago is the homeland of the goblinoids and Bruhazavo is the heart of the orc horde. While neither race controls either of these continents entirely, their presence is unmistakable. &nbsp; Current Games &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/317896/~plane-walkers~" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/317896/~plane-walkers~</a> Your Game &nbsp;- If you have an idea for a game and a group interested in playing, let me know and I’ll see what I can do. I run for a minimum of 4 hours and up to 8. I prefer no more frequently than weekly but depending on the campaign I might be able to do it twice a week. I’m open to anything from slapstick Monty Hall farce to hardcore intense RP. I’ve done it all and I don’t care which style you like. We play to have fun. Some people like fart jokes and shaving dwarves’ beards while they are passed out while others wish to build a rich history and become a cannon feature of the world. Spoiler: There are a lot of cannon PCs both mine and other players in my world and I consult these players when you interact with their characters so you have no idea what’s coming down the line. The Lost Empire &nbsp;- 17th level gestalt game Saturdays (2 pm to 10 pm MT) - There are 0 seats open at this table. The Lost Empire 2.0 &nbsp;- 12th level game Tuesdays (6 pm to 10 pm MT) - There are 0 seats open at this table. Plane Escape &nbsp;- 14th level game Alternate Sundays (10 am to 10 pm MT window but scheduling varies) - 0 Seats Available. Dark Force Rising &nbsp;- 16th level game Alternate Sundays (10 am to 2 pm MT) - 0 Seats Available. Embers of the North &nbsp;- 5th level game -&nbsp; Friday Nights - (6:30 pm to 10:30 pm MT) - 1 Seat Available Chaos in the East &nbsp;- 6th level game - Saturdays (3 to 9 pm MT) - 1 Seat Available. Seafaring &nbsp;- 22nd level game - Sundays (10 am - 2 pm MT) - Backup game when others fall through - 0 Seats Available. Expectations &nbsp; I run open, sandbox, player-centric original content games. The main theme is established, and the story is there, but these are elements the players choose to engage and I let the players write their own tales. I'm indifferent about the outcome, which seems to surprise a lot of players. I don't care how the story unfolds, although I try to make the most dramatic things happen, the dice and the players' action are the final arbiters. On that note, I roll everything openly. Secret checks are only rolled by players if they wish to conceal an action or outcome. Some of my games are based on themes and ideas I’ve come up with and others are picked by the players. I play many different styles of games. I’m open to basically anything. If you have an idea for a campaign don’t be afraid to present it. I make most of my own maps when I have time and make custom tokens for each player. I detail my loot with the players in mind. I roll randomly but I like juicy drops so I’m often inclined to pick the next thing on the table if it looks sweet. &nbsp; Rates &nbsp; $3 per hour (with a group of 5) of gameplay (1st-4th level) minimum of 4 hours. $3.50 per hour&nbsp; (with a group of 5) &nbsp; of gameplay (5th-9th level). $4 per hour&nbsp; (with a group of 5) &nbsp; of gameplay (10th-14th level). $5 per hour&nbsp; (with a group of 5) &nbsp; of gameplay (15th-19th). $6 per hour&nbsp; (with a group of 5) &nbsp; of gameplay (20th+). My games have no level limit and we continue on as long as the players wish to play. The highest we’ve made it to is 22nd level. While the PE game is only 14th level, they are already talking about epic-level stuff (20+) and post-epic stuff (30+). I have rules for both despite never really getting that high with players. Payment is made via PayPal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. My noob game is free to play if you want to try it out and meet some of the other players. I can also run a session zero if you have a group and want to do a one-shot. &nbsp; Getting Started &nbsp; Before you contact me make sure: &nbsp; You are 18 or over. You’re willing to play D&amp;D for 4+ hours a week. You own a microphone of decent quality. You have Roll20 account. You have Discord account.
When a player won't pick a token ring in due course...