Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Measurement tool: Distance form previous location

This is a pretty minor suggestion, and probably falls under the "Refine measurement tool" section of the official roadmap. Would it be possible to combine the measurement tool and the hand tool so that, if a token is moved, you can see how far it has moved from its original location? No need to worry about tracking movement around corners or anything, just a simple 'distance from last position'. This would make movement in some of the hybrid rpg/wargames that I play just that much more convenient (even more convenient than real life!).
Had someone else inquire about this. I'd like to explore this as an optional thing (like, it wouldn't be automatically turned on). But it's a discussion we'll be having.
I'm glad such a discussion will exist :). I agree it shouldn't be a default setting; it's use is far too niche for that. Still, it would make certain games run incredibly smoothly.