Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Neither Legacy nor Integrated Voice and Video are working

In Legacy, I can see everyone as an icon, no video. I can see myself but they cannot see me. There is no audio. In Integrated, I cannot see myself, only my icon. I cannot see any players, neither icon nor video, and there is no audio. Also, chat messages do not appear to be going through in Integrated mode.
Same here!
I have the exact same issues, with the exception that my players and I can see each others messages. 
I had the same issue.
Same as Jackstone9595.  We could chat via text, but no audio/video under either integrated or legacy settings.
Same, no video or audio on any of my games
Same issue. 
Might be universal. I also sent in a help-request.  Chat works for both integrated and legacy, but no voice in either. Can see other members in Legacy but it took several minutes before a few of the players icons, not all, appeared in Integrated. Even then there was no audio. We tried different browsers, reset our defaults, etc.  Nothing.  This was the end session of a long campaign, and Sunday night was the only time slot for all of us to get together.  I am a paid subscriber, and this is very frustrating and disappointing.  
I have spent an hour trying to get this to work, and still nothing... This is the second instance of Roll20 not being able to connect with these features in the last month.
Hey folks, I'm sorry your games were interrupted this weekend. I'll take this to the team and we'll take a look!
Add us to the list for the last two Sundays, but yesterday especially. It's starting to get old.... I too am a paying customer and at this point we are having to use discord if we get to play at all. I know you folks are probably dealing with server crunch as it's a weekend afternoon, but this is when working adults pretty much have to play. Any chance we can get some transparency about what is going on?
My group and I also can't see each other for the last two weeks.

Edited 1678750615
I have also had this problem. other games we just use discord, I have a game for kids that they don't have that option. we haven't been able to have a game for weeks. I thought it was my internet because I was having other issues. but I've gotten that fixed and still not working.
Same here, no video of the others can be seen since a few weeks.
Hey folks -- This weekend we found an issue where our new signalling servers for Integrated Voice & Video were overwhelmed by very high usage.  We've resolved this by significantly increasing the capacity for those signalling servers as well as hardening them against high usage with more aggressive autoscaling.  Sorry for the disruption of your games, but this issue should not happen again!  Thank you all for the reports.
Been attempting to get my video and chat up and running. Tried the new integrated and switching over to legacy. When I start/join the call on the game I can't hear my players or see their portraits with integrated, and legacy I'll see their portraits but no video or sound. It's unfortunately still an ongoing issue.
After several weeks I'm still having the same problem. Too high usage on Monday evening (CET)? Sounds rather unlikely. I'm also a paying subscriber and would very much appreciate a solution.
Same. I find this new Integrated Roll20 WebRTC a pain. I preferred the old Legacy system over this, as it just ran and felt better. If you guys could make sure both Legacy and this are working, that would be amazing. Mostly because we've been playing over Discord for the past month and a half, so rather annoying if you ask me.

Edited 1679676192
Jeff L.
Roll20 Team
Cole S. said: Been attempting to get my video and chat up and running. Tried the new integrated and switching over to legacy. When I start/join the call on the game I can't hear my players or see their portraits with integrated, and legacy I'll see their portraits but no video or sound. It's unfortunately still an ongoing issue. Be sure to have you and your players configure their devices with the "Configure Devices" button in the settings panel under Voice & Video, there may be some changes with how devices are detected with the new system that will require re-selecting the correct webcam and microphone.  This might even be true if you only have one physical device for each, as the browser will report any devices to us, including virtual ones. Philip E. said: After several weeks I'm still having the same problem. Too high usage on Monday evening (CET)? Sounds rather unlikely. I'm also a paying subscriber and would very much appreciate a solution. For anyone else still experiencing issues, we are not showing anything unusual on our servers, so this may be an issue with your network's ability to establish the Peer-to-peer connections to your players.  That said, I wouldn't rule out very solvable issues; this Help Center Article has a lot of useful troubleshooting mechanisms in case there are problems that you might be able to fix yourself. If all else fails, please do post a Help Center ticket and we'll do what we can to assist or get to the root of your problems.