Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFGM] Interested in hiring for intrigue/grimdark/survival/medieval/low fantasy campaign.

Howdy folks, I'm after a GM that is interested in running a longterm campaign for at least, my brother & I (Both 18+). I've played for awhile myself but am still newish, got the basics at least. My brother is newer and has the rough concept. We're after a story over rules game, where it's likely our characters can die (We're okay with making multiples) and ideally doing a rag to riches type of story, where a LvL 1 is basically an unskilled peasant/commoner. We both enjoy gritty,dark settings, and while some magic is okay and even necessary to a degree, we'd like to steer away from unicorn villages and have instead maybe A unicorn, or A minotaur, etc etc. While not absolutely necessary, I enjoy looking at magic in the world as God/Devil/Science inspired gift rather than, oh that guy just has a spellbook and runes. Instead, ah God has blessed him with fire to burn heretics. Or, simply, a fireball, is a molotov essentially.  I'm open to other ideas and am happy to have discussions over more details as you'd desire. I have some general campaign settings and ideas as well, if you don't have anything in particular in mind or brainstorming together.  Please DM if interested.
Sent you a DM
Any interest in Curse of Strahd? Ravenloft is very gothic, dark and honestly outright frightening and creepy. If so, DM me or contact me on discord. Click here to apply/join up. New players welcome!
Your wording for the title is a bit odd for this section as it is for "Free Games"  Now if you are interesting in paying.  I'm willing to do a Curse of Strahd (or other Ravenloft game) but using Pathfinder rules not 5e.  Probably not what you are interested in, but I have to offer.  Both because I love Ravenloft, Body Horror and because I'm absolutely desperate and dead broke.
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Sounds like I have just the campaign for you.&nbsp; &nbsp;I've been using Harn World from Columbia Games for a long time now, because they are the best I've ever seen with the geographical part of the game, listing cities, businesses, and even owners and how good and costly their wares are.&nbsp; &nbsp;It's low fantasy, set in a gritty time comparable to the late Dark Ages.&nbsp; &nbsp;It's low magic and the campaign is both awesome and epic.&nbsp; &nbsp;The last time I ran this campaign, we had to stop early because of conflicting schedules, but the two times I ran this before it ran for 1.5 and 2 years each.&nbsp; Everyone that played still states it's the best campaign they ever played in.&nbsp; About me, I'm a forever DM who actually likes to DM.&nbsp; My background is history and theater, so I do accents and play the "voices" of the NPC's and monsters.&nbsp; &nbsp;I also do my own maps using Campaign Cartographer 3+ and have a few both new and older on this site....&nbsp; &nbsp; (<a href="https://www.pinterest.com/arillion1/arillions-cc3%2B-maps/" rel="nofollow">https://www.pinterest.com/arillion1/arillions-cc3%2B-maps/</a>).&nbsp; &nbsp;Sounds like it's just what you're looking for.&nbsp; &nbsp;The only problem is that it's hard to run a campaign with just two players.&nbsp; If only there were 2-4 others who were also interested.....

Edited 1683507115
You should give systems like Exalted and Warhammer Fantasy a look then. Both sound like what you might be after. Or even Godbound.