Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro or Mod to Hide/Reveal a Portion of Map (Fog of War)

Is there a macro or a mod that allows me to define a certain area of the map ahead of time so that during gameplay I can run the macro/mod to reveal or hide that area, as opposed to doing it "by hand" in the middle of the game.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Although the fog of war and darkness tool are not scriptable, you can cover a portion of it with an opaque image and hide or reveal it with the token mod script. Individual monsters can be shown or hidden with the Bump script. What exactly are you hoping to accomplish? There may be other solutions.
Hey Keith, thanks for the quick reply. Due to some of my players having challenges with dynamic lighting, I just reveal rooms as the characters move through the map. Most of the time this works fine, especially if the reveal is a simple rectangle or geometric shape. But if I have a room it is very uniquely shaped (e.g., rounded), gameplay  pauses while I carefully draw out the space to reveal the room, hopefully not accidentally displaying that hidden room on the other side of that wall... I think the best solution in this case, based on your answer, is the opaque image which I can use to cover exactly what I want to cover, and then bounce it to the back when I want to reveal it.  Tokenmod will make it really easy.