Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom fonts for adventure module creations?

Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I'm wondering if creators can use their own fonts for Roll20 handouts for use in their pre-written adventures for sale on the marketplace. I'm disappointed with Roll20's choice to switch all header fonts to a child-like bubble font, in spite of the numerous forum objections to the style direction. It's a very bad fit for the tone I'd like to convey in adventures. I'm wondering if there's any way to implement your own font style in handouts without potentially having bug issues when switching between dark and light theme, and/or browser issues if the font used isn't included in browser.  Thanks.
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
use images instead of fonts? Sadly makes it so that you can't select the text.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Absolutely. If you are familiar with CSS, you can use Stephen S.'s amazing Markdown script . It allows you to write in Markdown in the GMnotes, and have those be transformed by a css file into a beautifully styled handout. Sample output—this is a fully editable Roll20 handout:
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Thanks for the suggestions! An image could be nice for some handouts, and I know you can upload PDF's now as well. Works nice for small amounts of text, but not great for larger descriptions. I'll definitely look into that script, looks very cool! Ideally it'd be something that works for all users, and not just pro users. But if it's an option for the dedicated GM who has a pro subscription at least, that's still something!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, I likely would not have brought it up, but you have a Pro tag.
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I think I'll still use it, looks really neat! Glad you did.