Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Script to keepTokenB relative to TokenA? When I move A, B should move the same

Looking for a script that would let me link one or more secondary tokens to a ‘leader’ token. When someone moves the ‘leader’ token, other tokens should keep the same relative distance. I tried “Marching Order” from the mod library, but it is not working (not even menu will show up).
I'm using Marching Order and it is working fine. When a mod doesn't seem to be working, one of the first things to check is that the API sandbox hasn't crashed. Because it will.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also (this is common with a lot of scripts), make sure that the player flag is set to the page you are using.
With this script, the player flag doesn't seem to matter. But good call.
Everything seems to be in order, and yet !showMarchingOrderMenu gets no effect. Console output: {"who":"error","type":"error","content":"Unable to find a player or character with name:  <div style="}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Do all of the tokens selected represent character sheets? Or do the tokens, sheets or player names contain any nonbasic characters like quotes or punctuation?
keithcurtis said: Do all of the tokens selected represent character sheets? Or do the tokens, sheets or player names contain any nonbasic characters like quotes or punctuation? Yes they have sheets, no strange names. And its even the basic menu that's not opening. I also recall another script called something like 'Carry Tokens', same author, it didnt work for me either.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Another thing to try is to see if there is something specific about interaction with other scripts in the game, by creating a test game (you can make a copy of your existing game) and only using that one script. If it works there, it narrows the problem down to something you might be able to account for.
I'm no expert, and probably don't know what I'm talking about, but might this be a similar issue to the Spawn Token issue (the on that I always forget), where the original source of the token image may cause a problem? As in, if the token image comes from the base sets or marketplace you have to sort of down load them and re upload them so that the source reads "Thumb" instead of "Marketplace"? Probably not, but I was having the problem I always have writing a spawn token macro yesterday before the usual 25 minute mark when I remember why its not working, and thought it may relate to this.