Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Profile Icon

Profile icons are not loading properly.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi rayquantezm! Can you clarify what you mean? Screen shots might help as well.
When you go to your account and you are able to change your profile picture. That does not work anymore. At least for me anyway. When you add or drop in a picture it does not load anymore.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't think that's linked to the user library, so it's unlikely to be a case of exceeding storage quota. Assuming that the image is not exceedingly large (passing the 10MB limit imposed on free accounts) or is not an unsupported format (such as webm), your best bet would be to file a  Help Center Request . Sometimes that and the campaign image fields can get corrupted, requiring dev intervention.
I have never used the storage in Roll 20. It could be the format of the picture, but I have been changing them for years and all of a sudden a month or 2 ago it stopped working. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You've never uploaded a picture or audio to a game or for a token? Then yeah, there's an issue with the field. Try the  Help Center Request .
I finally figured it out. Every time I uploaded a picture in my account profile picture for a PCs that I use in different games it takes up the free space and that's why I reached my limit. I didn't think it would do that. So I went into my recent uploads folder and delete them to free space. I didn't think it would take up space just changing a profile picture.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I wasn't sure if that was included either. Good to know.

Edited 1679261961
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
BTW, You can use "speaking as" in the chat window of whatever game you are in, and it will use the character's bio avatar instead of your user avatar. Thus, it can be different for every game, and you don't need to mess about with your user avatar.
keithcurtis said: BTW, You can use "speaking as" in the chat window of whatever game you are in, and it will use the character's bio avatar instead of your user avatar. Thus, it can be different for every game, and you don't need to mess about with your user avatar. I don't think it's working now. As in, I'm changing to "as x character" but my user avatar won't change. Is this a reported issue / is being worked on or is this meant to be the new norm?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Nathaniel D. said: keithcurtis said: BTW, You can use "speaking as" in the chat window of whatever game you are in, and it will use the character's bio avatar instead of your user avatar. Thus, it can be different for every game, and you don't need to mess about with your user avatar. I don't think it's working now. As in, I'm changing to "as x character" but my user avatar won't change. Is this a reported issue / is being worked on or is this meant to be the new norm? Is your group using Integrated Voice and Video? If so then Speaking As changing the Avatar is a feature that has not yet been implemented. 
Gauss said: Nathaniel D. said: keithcurtis said: BTW, You can use "speaking as" in the chat window of whatever game you are in, and it will use the character's bio avatar instead of your user avatar. Thus, it can be different for every game, and you don't need to mess about with your user avatar. I don't think it's working now. As in, I'm changing to "as x character" but my user avatar won't change. Is this a reported issue / is being worked on or is this meant to be the new norm? Is your group using Integrated Voice and Video? If so then Speaking As changing the Avatar is a feature that has not yet been implemented.  I think the group is. Just for the GM of my group's sake, how would he go about changing it back to legacy if that's possible?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Nathaniel D. said: Gauss said: Nathaniel D. said: keithcurtis said: BTW, You can use "speaking as" in the chat window of whatever game you are in, and it will use the character's bio avatar instead of your user avatar. Thus, it can be different for every game, and you don't need to mess about with your user avatar. I don't think it's working now. As in, I'm changing to "as x character" but my user avatar won't change. Is this a reported issue / is being worked on or is this meant to be the new norm? Is your group using Integrated Voice and Video? If so then Speaking As changing the Avatar is a feature that has not yet been implemented.  I think the group is. Just for the GM of my group's sake, how would he go about changing it back to legacy if that's possible? Your DM needs to go to the My Settings tab (top right corner) Click on "Audio & Video" Change "Chat Tech" drop down menu to "Legacy Roll20 WebRTC"
Howdy! We should have the "speaking as" functionality added next week to Integrated Voice & Video. Keep an eye on the Change Log !