Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Send custom attribute to chat

CryptoCartographer
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I want to: click on a token run a macro which gets the value of an attribute from that token's associated character sheet whisper that value to the player in chat It seems like this macro should be pretty straightforward, but I'm having difficulty. Any help appreciated.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Is the player the one that controls the token (or associated character) or a different player?
CryptoCartographer
Pro
Marketplace Creator
@Gauss It could be either, but most often the controller of the token.

Edited 1679941558
Gauss
Forum Champion
For tokens which the user controls (including DM) /w playername @{selected|attribute} For tokens which the user does not control (still can be used with tokens the user controls) /w playername @{target|attribute} Replace playername with the name of the player.  Replace "attribute" with the name of the attribute.  If you want to automate the playername portion that is doable, but I would need to know if someone else is using this and sending it to the player or if the player is using this and sending it to themselves. Note: you can use the "target" version and skip the "selected" version entirely, I am presenting both for completeness.