Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Several game problems tonight

I just finished my weekly game and ran into several problems: 1. The API was crashing a lot. As reported in another thread, it crashed about 20 times in the 4 hours we were playing, even when no one was doing anything - when we were just sitting and talking. This is extremely unusual. I did not change any of the APIs that I in weeks. 2. The hover to show nameplates feature was not working at all. 3. And the strangest problem: 1 of my player's character sheets, when I opened the sheet, it showed the message about running the charactermancer, or creating an npc or entering data manually.  When he opened the sheet he saw some other message (I don't recall what) but couldn't change anything on the sheet. This is a character sheet that was fully filled out, and he had been playing for months. This was the first week he or I saw this. And none of the other players had problems with their sheets. It was a very strange night.

Edited 1680060936
Gauss
Forum Champion
Saul, I am sorry you are having such a difficult night. It has been hard on a number of folks. 1. The Devs are aware of this bug and working to fix it.  2. The Devs are aware of this bug, I do not know a timetable for the fix though.  3. Could you provide a screenshot?  If the Charactermancer has gotten stuck in some way I suggest checking out this help article . If that doesn't help please let us know. 
Yeah, after doing more research, I saw that the first two items were known. But, posting it is not a loss because it makes others aware too. As for the third, no the charactermancer was not stuck. He hadn't had a reason to run the charactermancer as he hadn't gained a level in a while. He's currently a 14th or 15th level character so I know it's not a new character. In the heat of a really intense battle (and frustration from the API sandbox constantly crashing) I neglected to grab a screenshot. The problem is gone today. Sigh. If it happens again, I'll try to remember to grab a screenshot.  But, yeah, it was one of those strange days yesterday... If it was the night I run Call of Cthulhu  I could put it all off as delusions due to lack of Sanity but, no, it was my 5E game... It might still be lack of Sanity though... :-)