Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bio and Info section being erased

One of my players wrote their character's backstory in the Bio and Info section of their character sheet, but some point down the line all of the text went missing. This has happened multiple times in different games, but always to the same player. I'm pretty sure the information was there before, because I remember reading their backstory there. The player doesn't have the information backed up anywhere else, so is there a way that it could be recovered?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The only thing I can think of would be to make a copy of the game (just in case), and then try a roll back. If the roll back doesn't go back to a date when you are sure the text existed on the sheet, then you would have to submit a ticket through the Help Center and see if they can help you out.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Joshua N. said: One of my players wrote their character's backstory in the Bio and Info section of their character sheet, but some point down the line all of the text went missing. This has happened multiple times in different games, but always to the same player. I'm pretty sure the information was there before, because I remember reading their backstory there. The player doesn't have the information backed up anywhere else, so is there a way that it could be recovered? I would also consider having the player back up their backstory on a word doc or a handout in  the game. 

Edited 1680772133
Maybe it has something to do with Bio&Info being opened FIRST when opening a character sheet AND that when you hit "Edit" and after that SAVE your Edits, it takes you back to "Bio&Info" again, although it is still the second tab on the sheet... (Noticed it yesterday!) EDIT: Seems it was reverted... :'( EDIT2: It seems to only be available for certain Character Sheets (Delta Green by ARC Publishing for example has it, while the German DSA 5 Sheet has not) Gauss said: Joshua N. said: One of my players wrote their character's backstory in the Bio and Info section of their character sheet, but some point down the line all of the text went missing. This has happened multiple times in different games, but always to the same player. I'm pretty sure the information was there before, because I remember reading their backstory there. The player doesn't have the information backed up anywhere else, so is there a way that it could be recovered? I would also consider having the player back up their backstory on a word doc or a handout in  the game.