Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bio&Info Tab sometimes opened when clicking on the sheet, sometimes not

Edited 1680773220
Depending on the character sheet selected for the game I noticed different behavior (NORMAL Click, no Shift+Click!): If you select the "DELTA GREEEN by Arc Dream Publishing" Sheet, every time you click on a sheet, Bio&Info Tab (although no. 2 on the sheet) is displayed FIRST and even takes you back to Bio&Info after editing it! (Much Preferred!) BUT if you select the official DnD 5E Sheet by Roll20 (or other Sheets), this is NOT the case! (Character sheet is opened and editing takes you back to the character sheet)... And NOW I wonder since there is NO Game Setting, nor is there an option in the ingame settings... what is the expected behavior and will we EVER get an option to decide that per campaign?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I can't duplicate that behavior.  I just created a new game with that sheet, created a character sheet with the add button, closed that sheet (which did open on the character sheet tab), and then tried opening the sheet several times as well as editing the Bio & Info tab.  Each time I opened the sheet, it opened on the Character Sheet tab, not the Bio & Info tab.  Each time I edited the Bio & Info tab and then saved the changes, it reopened the Character Sheet tab instead of the Bio & Info tab.

Edited 1680800775
Try enabling the option to "Pop Out Character Sheets". Opening the Sheets "normally" I get the Character Sheet opened, too. BUT with the pop-out Option enabled it switches DIRECTLY to Bio & Info AND even better, takes you back to Bio & Info after editing. Since this is the only campaign I have that enabled, it did not think this could be the cause for it... And as just tested, same goes for other character sheets as well! Kraynic said: I can't duplicate that behavior.  I just created a new game with that sheet, created a character sheet with the add button, closed that sheet (which did open on the character sheet tab), and then tried opening the sheet several times as well as editing the Bio & Info tab.  Each time I opened the sheet, it opened on the Character Sheet tab, not the Bio & Info tab.  Each time I edited the Bio & Info tab and then saved the changes, it reopened the Character Sheet tab instead of the Bio & Info tab.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Ah, popping sheets into their own window is something I never use, so it didn't even occur to me that might change things.
Kraynic said: Ah, popping sheets into their own window is something I never use, so it didn't even occur to me that might change things. I wonder if this was intended or if it is just a sideeffect...
Still no official answer?! I just would like to know if this behavior is intended or just a sideeffect of popped out character sheets. I'd also like to know, if there will ever be a per campaign setting to this...
Bump!