Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Turn Order Prompt in Call of Cthulhu

Edited 1681955069
Is there a way once things get readjusted that we could possibly get the Turn Order box to pop out like character sheets ? I am not sure where to post this suggestion.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Reporter script can write the Turn Order to a handout. You can re-issue the command to overwrite the contents and keep it up to date. The report is very customizable, but here are a couple of examples from the Reporter thread : !report  ---- layer|tracker compact|true title|Tracker Navigator| showheader|false showfooter|false will produce a compact report that will allow you to navigate around the tracker tokens on the board, with links to ping pull, switch layers, open character sheets and more. Clicking on the GM layer character on Sadroth's line will move the token from the GM layer to the Token layer. A more full featured Turn Tracker could include more info and macros: !report --c|strength,|Str c|strength,|Dex c|strength|Con c|strength,|Int c|strength,|Wis c|strength#|Cha t|bar1_value,|HP c|npc_ac|AC c|npc_senses|perception t|statusmarkers|Condition ---[Apply Damage](!token-mod --set bar1_value|Q{Enter damage amount. Use positive or negative to modify values|-0}) | [Apply Condition](!token-mod --set statusmarkers|Q{Choose Status|Dead,dead|Bloodied,red}) ----layer|tracker compact|true title|Tracker Display| showheader|false showfooter|false source|false
That just reads like alot of work to me and I will have to figure out if any of my mods will clash with it and go down that rabbit hole. I would rather Roll20 to make modifications to the product that they sell than sponge off of the community to give work around for free.  You have an interest in all of this tech side of roll20. I just want to play my game. I appreciate the help, but its not help to me, its more of a headache that I didn't sign up for or misunderstood by how roll20 marketing was posted/published. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
There are some things that break if they are no longer embedded in the VTT.  Even some character sheet functions no longer work once popped out.  I expect there is some technical limitation that requires the turn tracker to reside within the VTT environment (at least for now).  Whether the issues with things being popped out is something Roll20 can fix or if it is a limitation of running in a web browser, I have no idea. In general, suggestions should be posted in the Suggestions forum.  That way other people have the opportunity to vote for it.  I searched to see if there was an existing suggestion for this, but all I found was one from 4 years ago that didn't get the 10 votes necessary to stay open.  People's preferences change over time, so it might be a good time to give the suggestion another shot.

Edited 1682075934
I did put in there "not sure where to post". Thanks for the limited info. I won't hold my breath for a miracle from roll20.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The Keeper said: I did put in there "not sure where to post". Thanks for the limited info. I won't hold my breath for a miracle from roll20. If there isn't even enough interest to get 10 votes on a suggestion within a month, I can't blame them for not spending dev time on it.  It just doesn't make sense to do so, in my opinion.  I realize opinions might vary on that.