Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Videos?

I'm currently running a Call of Cthulhu game and I found a site where someone posted some great animations and videos for the campaign I'm running. I'd love to be able to include those in my game but I haven't figured out if there's a way to load these into Roll20 so that my players can view them. The site has some nice stills that I'll be using but it'd be nice if I could load the videos.  Anyone know of a way to do this?
I always use Watch2Gether for Videos. Just create a room, invite your Players and have fun. Saul J. said: I'm currently running a Call of Cthulhu game and I found a site where someone posted some great animations and videos for the campaign I'm running. I'd love to be able to include those in my game but I haven't figured out if there's a way to load these into Roll20 so that my players can view them. The site has some nice stills that I'll be using but it'd be nice if I could load the videos.  Anyone know of a way to do this?
Yeah, I don't know. I had enough trouble getting everyone to load and use Discord. I think I can load videos into a Discord chat, so that's my backup plan if I can't load them directly into Roll20.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Saul, Roll20 supports animated graphics (mostly), but not videos in the way you describe. For that, it would be best to use a dedicated tool.
I was afraid of that. :-) Ok, I'll have to use Discord then. Thanks.

Edited 1682425735
If you are able to convert your video to *.webm and keep it under a reasonably low amount of KB it works just fine. It may not be supported but I've converted several animated battle map videos and my landing page has nifty video segments on it.
Nice thought but I'm on a Mac and webm isn't really supported. Furthermore, after converting a mp4 file to webm, I was unable to load it into Roll20. So, this doesn't seem like a feasible method and Discord is still looking like the best option for me. ST Carcass said: If you are able to convert your video to *.webm and keep it under a reasonably low amount of KB it works just fine. It may not be supported but I've converted several animated battle map videos and my landing page has nifty video segments on it.