Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Use initiative as a token action?

Edited 1682999330
I had an initiative token macro as a token action. This helps to druid proof the initiative roll so you HAVE to have the token selected. Roll 20 changed something and this no longer seems to work. Does anyone have a token macro to add a token to initiative that they know still works?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi BigNorseWolf! Can you post the text of the token action, and identify the sheet you are using?
BigNorseWolf said: I had an initiative token macro as a token action. This helps to druid proof the initiative roll so you HAVE to have the token selected. Roll 20 changed something and this no longer seems to work. Does anyone have a token macro to add a token to initiative that they know still works? What game are you playing and what character sheet are you using? There may be character sheet specific commands that are available. For example, if you are using the 'D&amp;D 5E by Roll20' sheet, then you can use this command:&nbsp;%{selected|npc_init} to roll for initiative, which is exactly the same as clicking on the Initiative button from the character sheet itself for a linked token. Otherwise, generic macros will use some form of '&amp;{tracker}' with a dice roll:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros/Initiative" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros/Initiative</a>
It's for starfinder, so it needs to be sheet neutral.&nbsp; Starfinder society mostly uses the simple sheet but every once in a while someone uses the official Sheet. I made a very extensive macro mule that could work on either table and works as a very fast way to get on roll20 if you have a character
keithcurtis said: Hi BigNorseWolf! Can you post the text of the token action, and identify the sheet you are using? No.&nbsp; For some reason that sends people right off the rails nit picking a macro that's worked fine for 3 years but now doesn't work or works very weirdly depending on who's using it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm sorry, then. Without information, it's difficult to impossible to figure out what the problem might be.
Even weirder. I have some tables where the old macro works, some where a new macro won't work