Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Bug] sendPing only pinging and moving view of GM

Edited 1404786159
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thought Id post this in bug reports and make an 'official' bug post, since its still an issue. When using sendPing the only view that sees the ping, and gets its view moved is a GM. even a GM 'logged in as player' in another browser doesnt get moved or see a ping. For example once I find the token I need (current_token), I use the below code: var ttop = current_token.get("top"); var tleft = current_token.get("left"); sendPing(tleft, ttop, Campaign().get('playerpageid'), null, true); This does send a yellow ping, move my view and such..but only for me as GM, not one of the players even knew it happened. even trying: on("ready", function() { sendPing(100, 100, Campaign().get('playerpageid'), null, true); }); Does nothing for players. I can save script over and over..and as GM ping myself to death and move my view to 100,100. But again players see nothing.
Has this been fixed? Is this even on the radar anymore for the devs?

Edited 1407958757
Gauss
Forum Champion
This is an API bug?

Edited 1407959971
Confirmed that it is not working on the token layer. Repo: Add the API Script: on("ready", function() { on("change:token", function(obj, prev) { sendPing(obj.get("left"), obj.get("top"), Campaign().get('playerpageid'), null, true); }); }); Open up the campaign in two tabs, make one of the tabs a player. Place a token down, move the token. GM gets pinged and moved, player does not get pinged or moved.
Yes, this is an API bug it looks like.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Moved to the API forum and I have let the Devs know.
I'll take a look at this next time I'm in the API server code. Sorry for the delay.

Edited 1409006085
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No problem :) I'm sure its not high on the list of "must fix" items. Just would be very helpful in our big combat encounters for speeding things up. as players can see exactly whos turn it is.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Any update on it? It's still broke it seems.
I will update this thread when it is fixed. Til then, rest assured that it is in the pipeline to be solved the next time the API is getting an update. Which will be in the next couple of weeks.

Edited 1409763925
Just seeing this, I actually want to take advantage of this as a GM. Is there a way to send a ping and move just the GM (once this is fixed)? " sendPing(obj.get("left"), obj.get("top"), Campaign().get('playerpageid'), null, true); "
What I want to do is update the initiative script I use to automatically center on and select the token at the top of the initiative.
@Bryan K sendPing(..., true); works for the GM, but does not work for the players, so your idea should work (only for the GM)
you mean as is, above? or some other true parameter needs to be set? " sendPing(obj.get("left"), obj.get("top"), Campaign().get('playerpageid'), null, true); " Isn't this supposed to center the players too once the devs fix the bug?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
It would be great if we could pull just certain players. I have a blind player that this would be really really great for.

Edited 1409764774
As above, it is supposed to center everyone's view when fixed, but right now it just centers the GMs view. I do not believe there is a way to ping and scroll for just one player (new API functionality for moving viewpoints please?)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Jonathan +1 =D
Well then, Devs, please make it an option while you are in there fixing it to have it be able to center just the GM, pretty please! :)