Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character sheet approval timeline?

I've created a character sheet for Apocalypse World that has been added in GitHub, but has not yet made it into the approved.yaml ( merged 11 days ago). Is there typically a delay before a sheet is approved? What kind of testing goes into the approval process? Thanks!
Gauss
Forum Champion
Moved to Character Sheet forum and I have informed the Devs of this thread.

Edited 1409782297
Gold
Forum Champion
Not sure but I'd like to piggyback. We've been waiting more than 1 month for the Basic Fantasy RPG sheet. I paid the offering of Mentor subscription in order for the BFRPG author to make the character sheet (his RPG, his sheet). He said similar to what you asked 1 week ago, it had been 23 days waiting at that point. The mentorship is expiring and his BF sheet still has not appeared for public use. I have the same question as you except I'm not the coder who offered the BF sheet into GitHub, but an interested user who has tried my best to facilitate development of the sheet for the players public use.

Edited 1409793110
First off, I only do the Character Sheet thing once a week. The Basic Fantasy person PM'ed me last week after the last merge. It was on my list for this week and now it is in the system. I do apologize for the overall delay, though. I think the Apocalypse World one slipped through the cracks because if I recall correctly the original pull request didn't have everything that was needed to make it work, and apparently I forgot to add it to the approved file after the new pull request was submitted. It's also added now. There were a couple other new ones that were added tonight as well. To be honest, keeping up with the sheet repo is taking *way* more time than I thought it would. I'm not sure what the best solution is but keeping on top of the changes to 60+ sheets and also adding new ones is turning into a major timesink. Not that it's any of your fault, and I'm amazed and humbled at the way that the community has really contributed to help with the sheets. But I'm going to have to figure out a better way to do this because just trying to keep track of it the way I am now is obviously not working :-)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Well, I'd just like to thank you, Riley , for all the work you are doing! I think the character sheets is one of the best enhancements available. It's really helping to speed up our games, because my players weren't ever comfortable making and/or using Macros. Now, it's as easy as filling in a paper sheet and it has buttons! Really cool feature.
Gold
Forum Champion
Thank you very much. Character sheets is an awesome feature & has already made a big difference in my other campaigns as player & as GM. I hope the process gets streamlined and offloaded from taking Riley's time.

Edited 1409873780
Ryan S.
Sheet Author
I did mess up the 1st pull request for the AW sheet; somehow the sheet.json got left off that request. In any case thanks, I'm eager to make some improvements... Perhaps there's an opportunity here (since the community has been so active with the sheets), for others outside the Roll20 team to make some preliminary reviews to submitted sheets? Maybe a process could be put in place where the community takes a first look, makes general corrections or recommendations, then sends it on for the devs to implement? I would be happy to do such a thing. Thanks again Riley for getting to those... and, like everyone else here, would add extra thanks for all the work you @ Roll20 have done. We all know you guys are really working hard to make this a great experience.