Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about Audio/Video

A friend has just set up a Call of Cthulhu game on R20 and at the top of our screen we get the attached "join voice and video". How can he turn it off? My friend thought he had set up his game not to use Roll 20's native audio and video options and that's the only reason I can think that this is appearing. 
In the games right sidebard, under My Settings (gear icon), select the Audio/Video Chat tab, and there's a pulldown for Chat Tech that you can set to "none" if you're using something other than Roll20 for audio. You can also use other pulldowns if you want to use it, but only for voice (or video).
Brilliant, thanks!
Lexin said: Brilliant, thanks! Also the Button you see is only there, because you set the avatar display to "names only"... Why they did this I don't really know...
That is a strange choice on their part. ::shrug::
Thanks for this feedback folks! I've passed it along to the team working on voice and video to make sure this is something that can be dismissed. Sorry for the trouble!