Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Warhammer 4e - Combat API

Edited 1684596137
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have a feeling the majority of 4e players have switched to Foundry.&nbsp; I'm not a fan of Foundry and have too much invested in Roll20, so I decided to write this API.&nbsp;&nbsp; I've built an API built into my character sheet to check attack rolls vs oppose rolls and do all of the math, which is extensive, behind the combat. This include taking into account weapon and armor properties and all the interactions, reach, weapon speed, mounted combat, ranged combat, blackpowder, and more.&nbsp; For conditions that cause corruption, fear, terror or broken conditions, the API pulls from the target character sheet and makes the rolls.&nbsp; &nbsp;It also allows for fortune based rerolls.&nbsp; It's doesn't do resilience based name your roll.&nbsp; Infighting code is in, but not enabled.&nbsp; That requires more work to track the characters involved in the infight.&nbsp;&nbsp; This is in beta right now.&nbsp; I haven't built in the new weapons in up in arms, but I have built in the armor changes.&nbsp; T his will be undergoing changes.&nbsp; It's available to anyone.&nbsp; Take a copy and make it your own, if you wish.&nbsp; If you want to add weapons and have me include it in my API, make the changes and send to me.&nbsp; I'm not going to support this for all the variants of the character sheets on Roll20.&nbsp; It will be up to you to integrate if you want to use this.&nbsp; I'm also not going to go into integration details or the API details until I see interest in this API.&nbsp; If you are interested, feel free to PM me or respond here and I can go into some of the details.&nbsp; &nbsp;I'll post a few sample screen shots in upcoming posts.&nbsp;&nbsp; The API version of the character sheet, API and CSS changes are located here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/Roll20-Warhammer-4e-Character-Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/Roll20-Warhammer-4e-Character-Sheet</a>

Edited 1684599855
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
here's a sample mounted attack.&nbsp; It has some of everything.&nbsp; The unit die on the roll was greater than the SL, so the damage SL is changed to the unit.&nbsp; The lance has impact which adds unit die to the damage.&nbsp; Mounted vs smaller targets confers a +20 to hit.&nbsp; He has a relevant talent and 1 advantage.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1684599985
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
And a sample mounted oppose.&nbsp; The poor beastman is likely to take a critical but is able to get a critical in during his defense as the knight charges by him.&nbsp; The beastman has to make a cool roll to even stand his ground.&nbsp; This logic is being added right now.&nbsp; If the beastman were to break, the knight can charge it down with an unopposed attack