Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Links from Handouts not working

Creating a separate entry for this in case it's not actually the same problem reported in  Community Forums: Adventure Links not working | Roll20: Online virtual tabletop I'm finding that on all my campaigns, text links are broken on all of the handouts. Links on the characters are still working. It doesn't seem to matter if the link is going to a handout or a character,  the problem only cares about where the link is coming from .  So Character A can link to Character B and vice-versa, but links to either of them from Handout C do not, nor do links from Handout C to Handout D and vice-versa. The links are still visible, but when you click on them, they do not open anything.
Problem did not exist 2 days ago. I seem to recall noticing that one link didn't open last night, but I was in a hurry at the time and didn't follow up since the target page was near the top of my journal tab anyway.
Problem is happening identically in both Firefox and Edge. Also, with both browsers the first time I logged in today, things were in a weird half light mode / half dark mode state.  The main interface was lit up for light mode, but the text fields on characters were in dark mode. Turning them to dark mode worked, and afterwards I could turn them back into light mode. Not a huge problem of it's own, but I mention it in case some sort of update having to do with dark mode may be the culprit behind the links not working.

Edited 1684912567
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Rolfe,  Regarding the linking issue what you are describing matches the current bug. The Devs are aware of the problem . As for the half-light/half-dark mode issue, the next time it happens could you screenshot it? Dark mode has often had incomplete coverage which required toggling back and forth to correct but this is the first time I've heard of that bug applying to light mode. 
Gauss said: Regarding the linking issue what you are describing matches the current bug. The Devs are aware of the problem . When I started this thread it was 7 minutes before the Devs posted on the other thread, and I wasn't sure if what I was seeing was the same thing as the other person, or just something kind of similar. Glad to hear that it's an issue they're aware of and working on.  Gauss said: As for the half-light/half-dark mode issue, the next time it happens could you screenshot it? Dark mode has often had incomplete coverage which required toggling back and forth to correct but this is the first time I've heard of that bug applying to light mode. If it happens again, I'll grab a picture and post it here. Thanks for your help!
In my campaigns I use a handout with links to other handouts to describe scenes. Right now none of the links are working. My games are Dead in the Water so to speak.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
A hotfix was just pushed.
The links are working again, Thanks.
Thank you so much for fixing the links!