Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Lag on Chrome and Firefox

I'm experiencing pretty bad lag on both Chrome and Firefox, out of nowhere.  I've browsed the forums and tried all the things.  I have checked all the boxes and nothing has helped.  I noticed when I launch Roll20 on Chrome I get a notification that an extension or Hardware acceleration is interfering.  I only have Beyond20 going and HA is enabled.  Any idea what it could be? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hello again, Dr.DM! Do you still get the lag with Beyond20 disabled (A private browsing window should be good for a test). Do you get the lag in other games, or just the one?
Hello Keith!  Thanks for helping.  So, still the same in a private window and with Beyond20 disabled and over different games.
OK, I have no idea how this relates to Firefox, but I disabled the Grammarly extension on Chrome and it seems to have resolved the lag issues on both Firefox and Chrome.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Grammarly is a reputed lag causer for many people. Does it allow you to ignore Roll.net?
I'm not sure, I just turned it off entirely.