Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to remove "Join voice & video" that's blocking the VTT map?

After turning off my Roll20 voice & video,  I've now got this annoying "Join voice & video" flag hanging over my name and blocking part of the map.  Does anyone know how to remove it?

Edited 1685476244
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Helen,  Are you a player or the GM?  Could you please post a screenshot of the voice and video settings? 

Edited 1685476835
I'm a player.  The GM is new. I set ' Player video/avatar size'  to "names only", and both 'hear and see' settings to "none" Others can hear or see Both Voice Video None I can hear or see Both Voice Video None Download WebRTC Debug Log Configure Devices Reconnect
Roll20 won't accept my screenshot here.
Gauss
Forum Champion
There are two solutions:  option 1) Have your GM turn off the audio/video by doing the following:  * Click on the My Settings tab * Click on Audio & Video * under "Chat Tech" click the dropdown menu and select "None (no audio & video)" * The game should refresh and it will be gone.  option 2) click the box that says "Join voice & video". It won't do anything other than get rid of the box.  But you will need to do this every time you enter or refresh the game. 

Edited 1685479624
Thanks a lot, Gauss! I'll just click it, then; the new GM has enough to think about already, although I'll copy your reply to him. You Forum Champions always have been the best in Roll20!  :-)
Helen P. said: Thanks a lot, Gauss! I'll just click it, then; the new GM has enough to think about already, although I'll copy your reply to him. You Forum Champions always have been the best in Roll20!  :-) Normally, if Avatars are displayed, the "Join Voice & Video" is an overlay to the avatar itself and you need to click on it in order for it to disappear. This you need to do always with Integrated Voice&Video enabled. After this, you can use the "Speak as" option where the Avatar picture changes for the character selected in drop down... I was looking for a post like this when they announced they implemented this button for those who selected "names only"...
Good to know, thanks.  I just find it's a nuisance, but I see it could be useful to some people.
Gauss said: There are two solutions:  option 1) Have your GM turn off the audio/video by doing the following:  * Click on the My Settings tab * Click on Audio & Video * under "Chat Tech" click the dropdown menu and select "None (no audio & video)" * The game should refresh and it will be gone.  Thanks for the tip! However, the change isn't taking for me. I am GM, and I am able to select "None (no video/audio)", but the game doesn't refresh and the "Join voice & video" button does not clear.  If I manually refresh the page, the drop box has reset to "Integrated Voice & Video."  I can't find a save changes button or anything else intuitive to get Roll20 to take my change.  Am I missing something obvious?  Tried both in Chrome and Edge browsers and both with new and old UI with same results.
Jacarteo said: Gauss said: There are two solutions:  option 1) Have your GM turn off the audio/video by doing the following:  * Click on the My Settings tab * Click on Audio & Video * under "Chat Tech" click the dropdown menu and select "None (no audio & video)" * The game should refresh and it will be gone.  Thanks for the tip! However, the change isn't taking for me. I am GM, and I am able to select "None (no video/audio)", but the game doesn't refresh and the "Join voice & video" button does not clear.  If I manually refresh the page, the drop box has reset to "Integrated Voice & Video."  I can't find a save changes button or anything else intuitive to get Roll20 to take my change.  Am I missing something obvious?  Tried both in Chrome and Edge browsers and both with new and old UI with same results. Replying to myself and to let others know that the game creator has to make the change to have it stick.  I am a promoted GM, but wasn't able to make this change.  I had the game creator try and it works.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Jacarteo said: Replying to myself and to let others know that the game creator has to make the change to have it stick.  I am a promoted GM, but wasn't able to make this change.  I had the game creator try and it works. My apologies, I usually try to specify if something is a Game Creator vs guest GM. I forgot that there is a bug for guest GMs.