Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting and Torches

So in my game I have the players have a certain light source for there token that they can only see. Torches, candles and the such give off a light source that can be seen by anyone that has line of sight. Now many times my players will pull out a torch, carry it around, far hand it and move it around with their powers. To make this easy I have torch tokens that can be controlled by everyone. The problem that happens is that they don't need line of sight to it to see it since its "Controlled" by everyone. Is there a way to fix this. So that they can control a token and still need line of sight to it to see its light source?

Edited 1409886877
Gauss
Forum Champion
Deactivate 'has sight' on the torch token and that will prevent the players from seeing the light if they do not have line of sight to it.
That worked, thank you so much. ^_^