Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ctrl+V jumps my screen

Edited 1688407973
Lasse W. said it best from <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11260442/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11260442/slug%7D</a> " Whenever I use the text tool to write something on the board, it actives the bug, and Ctrl+V starts jumping my screen. If I reload the game, the bug is gone, and then it reappears when I write something new on the board." Whenever I use Ctrl+V while copying tokens it'll teleport me to the very southwest corner of my maps. I have very large map so this is very annoying -__- Using Firefox windows 10. Happens for my other players as well. Seems to be the same thing.&nbsp; I hope someone will fix this at some point.

Edited 1688496044
Whenever I use Ctrl+V while copying tokens it'll teleport me to the very southwest corner of my maps. I have very large map so this is very annoying I had this problem for the last several weeks on a Mac; it just stopped for me this morning with the latest update of Firefox (115.0). Never mind! Writing something with the text tool as mentioned by Mr. NumNums reactivates the bug! Firefox 115.0; Ventura 13.4.1 Refreshing Roll20 does make the bug go away again for me, then clicking inside the textbox regenerates it. I can reproduce this behavior in a brand new game. Edit: I submitted a Help Center request! (Anything to avoid actually prepping for the session I'm running soon. ...) The devs will see the simplest possible game when they click into it; hopefully that makes the problem clear. Reproducing the bug (pun intended): 1) Select text box. 2) Select token. 3) Crl-C, Ctrl-V (or Cmd-C, Cmd-V). The copy and paste commands themselves work, as the new token appears either slightly displaced from the original token (if there is no left mouse clock before the paste command), or in whatever position is indicated by a left mouse click between the copy and paste commands, but the screen view always jumps to the very bottom of the page. Edit Edit: Miles from Roll20 has already gotten back to me, and they are taking a look at it now! It seems to be an issue that occurs on Firefox but not Chrome. (Unless someone here has encounterd this issue using Chrome?)
Sarah R. Cohen said: Whenever I use Ctrl+V while copying tokens it'll teleport me to the very southwest corner of my maps. I have very large map so this is very annoying I had this problem for the last several weeks on a Mac; it just stopped for me this morning with the latest update of Firefox (115.0). Never mind! Writing something with the text tool as mentioned by Mr. NumNums reactivates the bug! Firefox 115.0; Ventura 13.4.1 Refreshing Roll20 does make the bug go away again for me, then clicking inside the textbox regenerates it. I can reproduce this behavior in a brand new game. Edit: I submitted a Help Center request! (Anything to avoid actually prepping for the session I'm running soon. ...) The devs will see the simplest possible game when they click into it; hopefully that makes the problem clear. Reproducing the bug (pun intended): 1) Select text box. 2) Select token. 3) Crl-C, Ctrl-V (or Cmd-C, Cmd-V). The copy and paste commands themselves work, as the new token appears either slightly displaced from the original token (if there is no left mouse clock before the paste command), or in whatever position is indicated by a left mouse click between the copy and paste commands, but the screen view always jumps to the very bottom of the page. Edit Edit: Miles from Roll20 has already gotten back to me, and they are taking a look at it now! It seems to be an issue that occurs on Firefox but not Chrome. (Unless someone here has encounterd this issue using Chrome?) Nice work man. I wonder why this occurs. Hope it can be fixed. At least i know how to avoid it now. But as GM I do have to use text alot so can be annoying.