Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issue with PDF files

A friend of mine is going to be starting a Traveler game soon. He created the game. He added me as a GM so that I could help him set things up since he is not computer savvy. He uploaded a PDF file that he is going to want everyone to see. It's behaving in odd ways. For example, as a GM, I can't read it. All i get is a message about "Something went wrong". See the pics below for details. The last shot is with the zoom set to "Page Height" since that may not be obvious from the pic. He has trouble seeing the file too, although - he says it's very hard to read although when I tell him to set the zoom to "Page Height" it seems to work for him. But, for me, looking at it as a GM, I can't see it at all.
Try deleting the PDF and re-upload it... this might help fixing it... (or tell him to upload it again after deleting it)... This sadly is still a thing. Sometimes you are lucky and it works directly. Other times you as a gm are the only one able to see it while all players see the "Something went wrong" screen you provided...
At the moment, the players do not have access to the pdf. Only the GM does. I'm a GM. I should be able to see the pdf. If i can't see it as a GM, then it is a bug. 
Saul J. said: At the moment, the players do not have access to the pdf. Only the GM does. I'm a GM. I should be able to see the pdf. If i can't see it as a GM, then it is a bug.  I never said it was not ^^ It definitely IS a bug. BUT it is a known bug since it exists as long as the feature to upload PDF exists...
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Saul,  At this point my suggestion is to file a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center  as the Bug Report forum is primarily for users helping users.