Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Returning to the Team

Hey folks! I'd like to take the opportunity to (re-)introduce myself. I'm Riley, and I was the original technical co-founder of Roll20 way back in the day. Some of you may remember me from that time, but we've grown so much since then, most of you will not! I'm excited to announce that I have been given the opportunity to return to Roll20 in a full-time capacity as the Founder in Residence on the VTT Team. I'll be working with that team to build on the recent momentum of great new features like the revamped Measure Tool and the Redesigned Toolbar to keep bringing you lots of improvements for your next gaming session. The Roll20 of today is very different from the Roll20 that we started over a decade ago -- for one thing, there's a lot more people using it! -- but in the most important ways our mission still remains the same: To deliver an easy to use platform that runs right in your browser and gives you everything you need to bring your tabletop gaming online. I'm incredibly proud of everything that has been happening at Roll20 recently, and can't wait to hit the ground running and start contributing directly again. In the near future, you can look forward to some announcements regarding our product roadmap for the rest of this year as I start to get settled in to this new role. But the short version is: exciting new features that the community has been clamoring for, as well as a revamping of our overall platform to pay off some tech debt and bring performance and speed to the forefront of the VTT experience. More to come on all of that very soon. Finally, I just want to say thank you to everyone that continues to choose to make Roll20 that place for your gaming. I never could have imagined when we started this journey in 2012 that more than 10 million people would join us. What started as a side project among friends has turned into a community that powers camaraderie all over the world, and I couldn't be more excited to help ensure that continues for the decades to come.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Welcome back Riley.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yeah!  Very exciting to see user #1 back!  =D
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Welcome back, Riley! Good things ahead!
Thanks everyone! Excited to be here and to see what I can do!
Gold
Forum Champion
Glad you're back. A lot has happened, and the progress here has been very positive for the last several months.  How many Roll20 Notifications did you have when you came back, Riley, and can you find a way to consolidate Notifications for greater messaging usability? Happy questing 
Its great to have you back Riley!  We're going to do some really rad stuff.
I've been here since 2013 and I am very happy to see your return!
Welcome back Riley! I hope you can help clear up some of the issues that seem to have stumped most of the devs. -Adam

Edited 1692963733
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
(kinda sad the gif doesn't auto play... click for full effect)
Welcome back!