Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dismissing a Measure Template (new tool)

When you hold down Shift to get the Measure template (cone, square, circle, etc.) to persist, the natural course of action is to shift to the Select tool so that you can resolve the effects of the template--usually selecting tokens and applying Status effects or adjusting Hit Points or some such. Unfortunately, then you need to switch back to the Measure Tool to get rid of the persistent template (unless there is a shortcut that I don't know about), and then back to the Select tool to continue play. My suggestion is to enhance the persistent template such that you can dismiss it without going back to the Measure tool again.  A "dismiss" button on the little black square that tells you the properties of the persistent template (who created it, size, etc) would be ideal I think, but perhaps a new hotkey would work too. I have found it quite annoying to switch back and forth between Measure and Select just to dismiss the template.  Maybe that's just me?

Edited 1692758090
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Anthony,  Considering the Measure Template tool is in it's initial release cycle I suggest posting this in the feedback for the tool.  You can do this by posting in the Opt in to the Measure Tool forum thread , or by clicking on the feedback option in the VTT.  Also, if you are using advanced shortcuts "Q" will get you back to the measure tool. 
Thanks. Will do. I find that one game a week just isn't enough to get the Advanced Shortcuts to stick in my memory....
...and apparently they already knew this is a problem. Today's update now includes a 'trash can' that allows you to delete the template.  :-)
Gauss
Forum Champion
Others had brought it up via the various feedback methods, such as the thread mentioned earlier. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .