Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Order of Token Actions

How are Token Actions prioritized for listing? It seems to be random. I have seen it said on the forums that they are listed as they are ordered on the Abilities tab of the Character Sheet, but that is not the case.

Edited 1410310422
Gauss
Forum Champion
They are ordered in order of the Abilities on the Attributes and Abilities tab. When you change the order you need to deselect the token and reselect it for the new order to be shown. If this is not the case for you please send me a join link and I will come take a look. Edit: it appears that new abilities that have never been moved around may be displayed in a different order than that described above. If that is what you are experiencing then I suggest moving all of the entries at least once and then rearranging them in to the desired order.
Attributes? Are you sure you don't mean Abilities? It doesn't seem to make sense that the Abilities would be listed in the order of the Attributes... And I knew they would position themselves randomly; it's nice to know WHY they do that, and how to fix it. -Phnord the Pedantic
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yeah yeah, fixed. :)
It still doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason in how it sorts out the macro order. I just picked a Character Sheet at random. I de-selected the Token Action check mark on each macro on the list. I then re-arranged each macro in a random order. I then re-sorted the macros in the order that I desire. I then checked the Token Action box to have the macros show when you select the token. It still appears that there is no particular order in which they are sorted. It still appears random. Now, I have also have a few global macros that I have set up as Token Macros for the GM only. However, the macros that I ordered on the Abilities tab of the Character Sheet still showed up in random order from the order that I had just chosen. I sent you a join link.

Edited 1410316128
Gauss
Forum Champion
During testing we have determined that when both Abilities and Macros are placed on the token action bar it screws up the order of the Abilities. The Macros appear to push out of place some of the Abilities. The solution is to not place Macros on the token action bar. I will let the Devs know and I have moved this to the bug report forum.