Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Compendium "Filter results" for "monsters" does not work.

Use of the "filter results" comes up with no results shown. Also, there is no "Undead" category.

Edited 1696613993
Hi Michael I'm not seeing a problem with filter on Monsters?  How are you accessing it, does the game you're in have compendium access (though would have thought filter would still have SRD whatever other material you may own)? I click monsters and get the left hand image, click filter and scroll down to find Undead, scroll up and APPLY and you can see the filtered ouput on the right
 Filter Results tab at top right just under the search field.
Have you opted in to the new compendium feature under settings?  My compendium looks very different as you can see, the filter is an icon in the search box?

Edited 1696651930
Gauss
Forum Champion
It appears the old Compendium Monster search filters were altered a bit to coincide with the new Compendium system.  As a result, Undead is indeed missing. I suggest filing a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center as the bug report forum is primarily for users helping users.  Additionally, there are other categories missing: Celestial, Elemental, Fey, Fiend, and Giant
not only are some of those missing, when I just tried a search for chaotic evil monsters from levels 10-14, nothing came up for some reason.  Then tried for monsters of the same levels but speaking abyssal, and same nothing came up
Gauss
Forum Champion
DM Blake said: not only are some of those missing, when I just tried a search for chaotic evil monsters from levels 10-14, nothing came up for some reason.  Then tried for monsters of the same levels but speaking abyssal, and same nothing came up Yup, I found that bug last night while investigating the Undead issue above and submitted a bug report to the Devs. I suggest you do the same. 
This might be an Index Problem... I guess those are not set correctly for the compendium entries...
I have had the same issue, I asked my players to search the monsters and they had the same issue as well. We tried multiple deferent browsers. I summited bug report tonight.
I found a setting that offers you to switch into the new compendium mods. This gave me the ability to filter better.