Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Italics not working...

DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
It's minor, but when I turn on italic while creating handouts, nothing goes italic.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi DnDPlay20! Out of curiosity, are you typing from scratch, or pasting text you generated elsewhere? Due to the intricacies of HTML and CSS, text that has been copied and pasted from elsewhere can contain invisible formatting characters which can interfere with their display elsewhere.
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
IIRC the last time someone reported an issue like this, it was a peculiarity of the Korean fonts. What language or fonts are you using? 
DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
default text, typed in game. Also, when I do copy text over, I past it first in Notepad to remove the formatting. ;)
DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
It's also an issue with some pre-fab stuff I have bought. THAT might be a result of the people who deigned then I suppose.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Can you give a link to a marketplace item that is not displaying italics correctly? That might help to pin down where the issue is occuring.
DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I will first chance I get :)

Edited 1698327383
DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I figured out where the issue is, but not the solution. I have vision issues, so in all of the handouts I read, I select all and change them to Heading 3, unbold, and as I read I add formatting to the text. This makes the font larger and easier for me to read (the default size is way too small for me). After I change the text to H3, it removes the ability to use italics. When I click the italics button, it depresses, but no result is shown on the text. This is happening in every module I have now. I tried changing to H3 and then removing formatting with the button. It rebolds but does not fix the issue. Italics works in the original text size. It isn't until after I make changes that the issue occurs. I tried in dark and bright screens. I also color code my text, which helps me deal with the issue visually. (like a certain color for dialog).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi DnDPlay20! Do you have that visibility issue across the board? Would activating browser zoom help, or does it cause more problems than it's worth? If you are not averse to running the Stylus extension, I can work with you to create a style that will cause the "Normal" style of handouts to display in a larger font size.
DnDPlay20
Pro
Marketplace Creator
hmmmn