Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Granting sight to maps without having all tokens on those maps

Edited 1698579718
Hi all, we ran Camp Clearwater last night as a one shot.  Predictably the table didn't want to make things easy for their poor old DM and split up, at one point there were 5 maps in use at the same time.  First and foremost, the new UI was absolutely golden for this, thank you so much Roll20, love you more than chocolate.  Secondly, there was one part where a couple of the characters ran in to an encounter on a random map.  We all thought it would be good if the players that weren't on that map could watch how things played out, instead of just having the audio.  I realise one of them could have screen shared via Discord since we use that for all audio in game, but what I did was give those players control of one of the enemy tokens so they could see what it was seeing.  Worked for one, but the other player just saw that token on a black background (Chrome browser?).  It wasn't the end of the world, so they just accepted audio only to keep things moving.  My question is, without adding additional tokens, does anyone have a quick way to share the view of a map like this?  I'm thinking the big yellow ribbon for the whole party granting sight of that map could be very useful as a wish list item, but wondered if anyone out there had any tips for doing this with what we have right now?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Without adding tokens (or using a Mod API script that adds tokens for you), there isn't a way currently to do this. 

Edited 1698593754
Turn off the dynamic lighting like on most of the start pages. I believe is the only way to do this.
That's great, thanks.  Just wondered if I was missing a trick : )