Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"Show tooltip" not saved when linking token to character sheet using "use selected token"

The title says it all. I have been designing tokens lately, with tooltips shown. When I link this token to an existing character sheet using the "use selected token", button it does not work. The only way to make it work is by editing the token from within the character sheet.
Linking a token to a character sheet RESETS all information currently with the token! This is not new and since no one complained about it up until now my guess is that is intended to work that way...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yup. the correct order is: Link Set settings Save Default There are valid programming reasons for it to work this way. Linking should blank out any previous settings, so that nothing carries through from a re-assigned token. Settings creates the token as you want it to be seen. Saving the default is always the last step since there is no backward link from a token on the board to a saved default. (otherwise, any change you made to a token in use (like subtracting hit point or assigning a marker) would mess up the default.) When following this order, do you still encounter the tooltip issue, Boris? Or am I misunderstanding the report?
keithcurtis said: Yup. the correct order is: Link Set settings Save Default There are valid programming reasons for it to work this way. Linking should blank out any previous settings, so that nothing carries through from a re-assigned token. Settings creates the token as you want it to be seen. Saving the default is always the last step since there is no backward link from a token on the board to a saved default. (otherwise, any change you made to a token in use (like subtracting hit point or assigning a marker) would mess up the default.) When following this order, do you still encounter the tooltip issue, Boris? Or am I misunderstanding the report? Well it was more of a report of what my programming-ignorant self thought might be an issue. I have found a workaround however, so it was just a report. No worries.