Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group Iniative and Basic Role Play

I have been trying to use the Group Iniative Script with a game I am setting up to use Basic Roleplaying. Basic Roleplaying uses the creatures' straight DEX.  I have Constant by Stat turned on and I have tried to set the script to use the DEX stat from the character sheet but the iniative rolls are always 0.  I am clearly missing something and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
Have you checked the Character Sheets Attribute-Name to use with the script? Sescheraun said: I have been trying to use the Group Iniative Script with a game I am setting up to use Basic Roleplaying. Basic Roleplaying uses the creatures' straight DEX.  I have Constant by Stat turned on and I have tried to set the script to use the DEX stat from the character sheet but the iniative rolls are always 0.  I am clearly missing something and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
These commands configure it to just use the straight DEX stat from Basic Roleplaying for me: !group-init-config --set-dice-count|0 !group-init-config --set-roller|Constant-By-Stat !group-init --add-group --bare DEX
Thanks.  Let me give that a try.  I did the last two, but had the syntax for the set-roller wrong.
Ok, I ran those but I am still getting a result of 0 for every one in the group.
Once I knew I was using the commands correctly I did more digging as I had ruled out a standard ID-10T error.   I have been through several itterations of the game before settling on BRP and the characters I was using to test stuff on had been around through several different sheets. There must have been some stray data on it as when I deleted them and remade them the bug went away.   Thanks for pointing in the direction I needed to go to find the issue.