Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Copying games possibly broken

Today, I tried to make a copy of my massive campaign game that's been going on for about 4 years. I've been making periodic copies of the game but haven't for a while, at least not since the new UI was released. The copy took seconds (it used to take about 10 minutes) and nothing was copied except for the directory structure in the Journal tab (but none of the entries) and the players who have access to the game. None of the maps were there. Nothing in the journal. None of the macros. Nothing. When I start the copy, I get the following error: I also could not click the "gear" icon to exit. I had to use the "Back" arrow on the browser to get out. At first, I thought I might be out of space or something but I have about 6.6GB free according to the Account page. I tried three times - deleting the copy, and trying to make a copy again but got the same thing each time. The base game seems unaffected. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

Edited 1700871999
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Saul,  I suggest contacting the Devs via the Help Center  as there probably isn't anything a user can do to help. 
Help center request has now been sent. I just thought if someone else had encountered this, and knew what the problem was, I could get a faster reply. :-)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There is a timeout condition on copying large games. It's possible you have finally hit that. It might be that a timeout is reached if internet traffic between you and Roll20 is high, not sure about that.
Is the error persistent and repeatable? What happens if you try to copy the game again?
I tried it three times yesterday, and got the same thing. I also tried it this morning when the Internet traffic should be lower (a few minutes ago), and the same thing happened. So, yeah, I'd say it's persistent and repeatable. :-) Martijn S. said: Is the error persistent and repeatable? What happens if you try to copy the game again?